Which club is Fremantle's biggest rival?

Fremantle's biggest rival?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see which club Fremantle fans view as being their biggest rival and why.
Oh duh ! 🙄
* Edit - Carlton aren’t far behind these days , but no one can top those flogs down the road .

I do think there is rivalry between Fremantle-Geelong and Fremantle-St Kilda although I could be wrong.

Other than the Eagles, these would be the other two worth mentioning. It ebbs and flows. Freo/Geelong was the most interesting and best to watch as a fan particularly around 2010-2015 when there were a lot of good games. But that has fallen away in recent times. Freo/Saints is a sort of bizzaro rivalry that is based on strange incidents like umpire marks, Sirengate and Ross Lyon but again there's not too much now except the supporters don't like each other.

Always first is WC, but we’ve got history with Saints, Hawks, Cats and now Blues.

That about sums it up. They're the 5 clubs I feel a little bit extra about beating or losing to (or a lot extra in the eagles case).

Swap the vote Adelaide got in the poll for Hawthorn and that probably sums up the current state of our rivalries in the right order. I'd definitely have Carlton #2 at the moment, though I imagine it's a one-way rivalry as far as their fans are concerned.

In terms of their experience of supporting an AFL team, most West Coast fans are born with a hand-polished silver spoon in their filthy mouths, and grow to be the most utterly detestable, loathsome and abhorrent individuals, that genuinely live vicariously through their football team's success. In their feeble minds, they honestly believe that supporting a moderately successful AFL entity, permits them to lord over their fellow West Australian football-loving citizens, who just happen to support another team...so yeah, our biggest rival is David King.

West Coast first and always

St Kilda: Peter Carey, Sirengate, Whispers in the Sky, Ross Lyon, Brad Hill
Geelong: Played against them in a few finals between 2009 and 2015. Seemed to have their number in a few of them
Carlton: Seem to have only existed in the past 3 years to * us over repeatedly.

Hawthorn but to a much lesser extent. Responsible for the two highest profile losses in our short history. Not much outside that.

Other than the scum...

Port Adelaide, Carlton, St Kilda, Hawthorn, Matthew Nichols & Colin Young.

Has there ever been any memorable and classic matches between the Dockers/Pies and the Dockers/Bulldogs?

Fremantle have never met either Collingwood or Western Bulldogs in a final and on top of that the Dockers/Pies and Dockers/Bulldogs fixtures tend to be amongst the more forgettable AFL fixtures.

Atm just Eagles and Carlton.

I personally find the Brisbane Lions to be an intimidating team who seem to target our young players when we've played them the last few years.

Geelong back in the day were as we seemed to match up well against them but not anymore.

Has there ever been any memorable and classic matches between the Dockers/Pies and the Dockers/Bulldogs?

Fremantle have never met either Collingwood or Western Bulldogs in a final and on top of that the Dockers/Pies and Dockers/Bulldogs fixtures tend to be amongst the more forgettable AFL fixtures.
Dockers/Bulldogs - Pav's last game. Only means something for us though. Walters after the siren against Collingwood is all I can think of. We had a good victory against them at the MCG in 06 though.

Round 7 2005 (8 May) was a pretty memorable game against Colin Wood. We kicked our biggest ever score - 28.12.

You can watch it in all its glory here In fact, I recommend you do.

Carr Bros, Heath Black, Our Jeffrey, Hase, Sandi, Pav, McPharlin, Johnno, Rash Thornton - * we were stacked. 2005 - 2006 was peak Freo for me. Sure we probably won more and achieved more in the Ross years but jab that exciting football straight into my ******* eyeballs.

Round 7 2005 (8 May) was a pretty memorable game against Colin Wood. We kicked our biggest ever score - 28.12.

You can watch it in all its glory here In fact, I recommend you do.

Carr Bros, Heath Black, Our Jeffrey, Hase, Sandi, Pav, McPharlin, Johnno, Rash Thornton - fu** we were stacked. 2005 - 2006 was peak Freo for me. Sure we probably won more and achieved more in the Ross years but jab that exciting football straight into my ******* eyeballs.

Peak Connolly was definitely the most exciting football we've played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong played their most exciting footy under Blight! Or perhaps Bomber, but he was influenced by stuff!
Such is life!

West Coast hold the lions share of the votes with 80.5% of the overall vote.

Only poll I've seen more one sided when it comes to club rivalries is Essendon receiving 85% of the vote on the North Melbourne board.

West Coast hold the lions share of the votes with 80.5% of the overall vote.

Only poll I've seen more one sided when it comes to club rivalries is Essendon receiving 85% of the vote on the North Melbourne board.
Do you mind me asking what WC’s vote for Freo was?

Marc Murphy then Jack Newnes then taking Cerra. Carltons well on top of my sh#t list... Their not even good :cry:

The indifference those campaigners have for us is infuriating.
When we were looking to win a premiership, winning derby’s, I reckon their supporters were worried we were becoming a genuine threat, especially how the state was embracing the purple.
Have a look at Man United vs City, that’s where we need to be.

The indifference those campaigners have for us is infuriating.

It's faux indifference. They pretend like they don't care because "good clubs don't care about petty rivalries". Their fans are by far the least knowledgeable, nuffiest in the AFL and they would absolutely hate us if we were flying and getting all the attention.

Decades of disappointment have weeded out the casuals from our fan base, which in a 2 team town means they flock to the other team, especially when that other team is winning flags. They have an overwhelming majority of the nuffs and the bandwagoners in this state, and it becomes obvious when you ever try to talk to any of them about anything football related not involving the Eagles.

Back