Which club is Gold Coast's biggest rival?

Gold Coast's biggest rival?

• Adelaide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collingwood

• Fremantle

• Hawthorn

• Melbourne

• Port Adelaide

• Sydney

• West Coast

• Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
Interesting to see which club Gold Coast fans view as being their biggest rival and why.

I’m going to say Richmond. Early on in our life Richmond were the team we had a lot of memorable wins against. Then they poached our best players (including our Captain), and we took some spare players back from them over the last few seasons.

So it’s a strange kind of rivalry.

I’m going to say Richmond. Early on in our life Richmond were the team we had a lot of memorable wins against. Then they poached our best players (including our Captain), and we took some spare players back from them over the last few seasons.

So it’s a strange kind of rivalry.
That thought did cross my mind.

St kilda? A lot of the games between the clubs in recent years have been won or lost by very little.

That thought did cross my mind.

St kilda? A lot of the games between the clubs in recent years have been won or lost by very little.

Yeah Saints games are always frustratingly close, and even more frustrating is we are on the losing end.

Yeah Saints games are always frustratingly close, and even more frustrating is we are on the losing end.
Yeah, a few of them, the result should have been the other way. I think the close ones especially under a goal are the worst losses, because you know just one more score and the result could have been a win.

I like to beat Carlton the most.
St Kilda also making their way up my rankings with the Ben King rhetoric.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns have got a nice rivalry developing with us(Tigers.) You caused us to play the worst 45 seconds of football in history, and finished our finals aspirations in 2021, and have otherwise made a massive pest of yourselves. You have poached player after player from us, Miles, Ellis, Ellis, Markov, Chol, may as well say Townsend. You took all the high end draft picks in 2010 when we were otherwise in line for pick 2. And you have greedily grabbed our favourite home ground for yourselves. Worse yet, you sent Caddy to us via Geelong, and we are still trying to disinfect him. 😁

Back