Club History Which club is Sydney's biggest rival?

Sydney's biggest rival?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kummerspeck

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Regardless of the details, it was a stirring win. A tragic and unfortunate incident yes, but on the surface a great win.
I don't expect the people at the time to have known it, but to have it celebrated now as a stirring win is...I don't exactly know what to say. To also blow off the fact that the cause of the win being someone dying by saying "regardless of the details", I can only hope you're just clumsy with your language rather than genuinely believe that.

robbieando

Oct 9, 2001
Spitting Bars
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't expect the people at the time to have known it, but to have it celebrated now as a stirring win is...I don't exactly know what to say. To also blow off the fact that the cause of the win being someone dying by saying "regardless of the details", I can only hope you're just clumsy with your language rather than genuinely believe that.
Indeed, better be a clumsy post because you don't witness death and perform well. To still think that had no effect 10 years on is naive at best and insulting at worst

NorthernLights

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 8, 2013
The Norwegian Sky
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics Saints LSU Chelsea RedSox
By no means am I taking the incident lightly, I didn't mean it to be taken that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I voted for Hawthorn. I think us as a group want to beat them more than anyone else and vice versa.

Add in the 2012 Grand Final and Sydney scooping up Kennedy, McGlynn and Franklin while all they have is Spangher.
And the Hawks traded away first round picks for Justin Crawford ( pick 17 in 1996) and Brett Farrell ( pick 4 in 1998) in the late 1990's

puke

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I think rivalries change over time. In the 1990s it would have been North Melbourne. Carey was a great player but was a smug arrogant prat even on the field.

In the early 2000s it was west coast with their star studded line up against our bloods culture with the close results. But there was respect between each

Then more recently there have been the rivalries with Hawthorn and Clarkson owning Horse and the final kick wins and belting in 2014, loss of Titch. Tide has turned a little in our favour though.

Overall I think I’d plump for North Melbourne

Top Bottom