Club History Which club is Sydney's biggest rival?

Sydney's biggest rival?

• Total voters

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Regardless of the details, it was a stirring win. A tragic and unfortunate incident yes, but on the surface a great win.
I don't expect the people at the time to have known it, but to have it celebrated now as a stirring win is...I don't exactly know what to say. To also blow off the fact that the cause of the win being someone dying by saying "regardless of the details", I can only hope you're just clumsy with your language rather than genuinely believe that.

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't expect the people at the time to have known it, but to have it celebrated now as a stirring win is...I don't exactly know what to say. To also blow off the fact that the cause of the win being someone dying by saying "regardless of the details", I can only hope you're just clumsy with your language rather than genuinely believe that.

Indeed, better be a clumsy post because you don't witness death and perform well. To still think that had no effect 10 years on is naive at best and insulting at worst

Dec 8, 2013
The Norwegian Sky
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics Saints LSU Chelsea RedSox
By no means am I taking the incident lightly, I didn't mean it to be taken that way.

Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I voted for Hawthorn. I think us as a group want to beat them more than anyone else and vice versa.

Add in the 2012 Grand Final and Sydney scooping up Kennedy, McGlynn and Franklin while all they have is Spangher.

And the Hawks traded away first round picks for Justin Crawford ( pick 17 in 1996) and Brett Farrell ( pick 4 in 1998) in the late 1990's

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I think rivalries change over time. In the 1990s it would have been North Melbourne. Carey was a great player but was a smug arrogant prat even on the field.

In the early 2000s it was west coast with their star studded line up against our bloods culture with the close results. But there was respect between each

Then more recently there have been the rivalries with Hawthorn and Clarkson owning Horse and the final kick wins and belting in 2014, loss of Titch. Tide has turned a little in our favour though.

Overall I think I’d plump for North Melbourne

Hawthorn after 13 premierships in the past 60 years and the highest strike rate of any club in VFL/AFL history, hearing us say they're our biggest rival:

jf37w5kdf4f01.jpg

Hawthorn after 13 premierships in the past 60 years and the highest strike rate of any club in VFL/AFL history, hearing us say they're our biggest rival:

jf37w5kdf4f01.jpg
I think there was a rivalry from 2012-2016ish but then it kinda fell away, same as the Swans/Eagles rivalry fell away in the late 00s/early 10s

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
This is a thread from 2014. It's laughable to consider Hawthorn as our rivals.

The only correct answer as I said 7 years ago:

Carlton.

They are the only club the tried to kill us off the field and move their away games to Sydney to replace us. History hasn't been too kind to them against us since.
But before your day it was St Scum believe me

Carlton.

They are the only club the tried to kill us off the field and move their away games to Sydney to replace us. History hasn't been too kind to them against us since.

Aye. From the Bloodbath on.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah, I don't know if there are any teams that see US as their rival. We're kinda just around for most other suppporters.

Rasha

2017🏆 2019🏆 2020🏆
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

Carlton.

What about the Bulldogs?

The fluro pieces of sh*t have been our biggest rivals for the best part of 15 years. Always turn up against us. Beat us in their one stat, year in year out.
Oh man. I spat my vino reading this mate.

Also... When robbieando goes BANG!!
Thus the reason you have whored yourselves out to Canberra, the Gold Coast and now Hobart and mostly failed is because you are just in it for the money and not interested in the community and the community has always turned their backs on you.

Cop that Norf!!

Back