• Carlton

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • North

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs that can host games will financially benefit in the short term

You sure?

West Coast (seated) members attending a game at Optus generates extra money how?
In theory the club pays stadium costs for a half full stadium (& based on what we know about Docklands, a half full venue is not financially viable)
Would West Coast be better off not playing at home, not picking up stadium costs.*

Lots of muddle headed commentary around club finances in 2020.

* the clubs & the AFL have contracts to play a certain number of games at a venue & are in breach of contract, whats the score there Tiger? Is the MCC picking up that cost for for Richmond?
Why wont all clubs be held to account just leaving the cost to the venues?

You sure?

West Coast (seated) members attending a game at Optus generates extra money how?
In theory the club pays stadium costs for a half full stadium (& based on what we know about Docklands, a half full venue is not financially viable)
Would West Coast be better off not playing at home, not picking up stadium costs.*

Lots of muddle headed commentary around club finances in 2020.

* the clubs & the AFL have contracts to play a certain number of games at a venue & are in breach of contract, whats the score there Tiger? Is the MCC picking up that cost for for Richmond?

Your only fault here mate is that the MCC cant host games as the ground is closed. Bit hard to honour a contract when the ground to be played on cant hold them, so the AFL was forced to move us to QLD and other MCG tenants. Obviously the MCG will cover that cost.

Your only fault here mate is that the MCC cant host games as the ground is closed. Bit hard to honour a contract when the ground to be played on cant hold them, so the AFL was forced to move us to QLD and other MCG tenants. Obviously the MCG will cover that cost.

The MCC closed the ground? Sure its a legal minefield, & it will be a legal picnic if/when breach of contract is addressed, hence my words 'In theory'

Perhaps you might address your claim that clubs hosting a game at their home ground somehow benefit financially? I'm suggesting the Eagles will be out of pocket*.

* no I'm not complaining, just pointing out that your suggestion is not correct for the Eagles.

Collingwood.

To his credit, the bloated gas bag, McGuire has done great things at that club. Terrible....but great ;)

Only Eddie could survive blowing $8 mil on the pubs fiasco.
Eugene Arroca carried the can & has kicked on out of AFL footy so good luck to him.

Last edited:
Only Eddie could survive blowing $8 mil on the pubs fiasco.
Eugene Arroca carried the can & has kicked on out of AFL footy & good luck to him.

It's incredible, the amount of gaffes and f ups that Eddie has made, yet still survives.

He's literally a human cockroach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who'd have thought you'd be here to whinge by post 3?

Who wouldn’t thought your first post in this thread would be about a Richmond supporter rather than the topic.

It’s exactly my point—- a mediocre topic (that was on the main board when I posted in it before it got moved), that is being derailed by Eagles supporters.

What a surprise!

This is awesome. A 5th dick measuring thread on exactly the same topic. I'm gonna wait 3 weeks and i think surely it must be my turn to post it?

And to answer the OP, Richmonds dicks are bigger, our women hotter, our beer colder and better and we are number one. YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

image.gif

A9E417F7-8CFA-48D7-A9F8-F30916A598D9.gif

DF88F10F-4830-4921-93DB-2F6A1BA4BED1.gif

The MCC closed the ground? Sure its a legal minefield, & it will be a legal picnic if/when breach of contract is addressed, hence my words 'In theory'

Perhaps you might address your claim that clubs hosting a game at their home ground somehow benefit financially? I'm suggesting the Eagles will be out of pocket*.

* no I'm not complaining, just pointing out that your suggestion is not correct for the Eagles.

Just on this point, all clubs will be out of pocket. The point I was trying to make which you have missed is simply this. Clubs that can host games, even with reduce crowds do benefit above clubs that dont have that option. WC can still gain revenue from sponsership advertising from the ground, also can obtain revenue from new membership sales as well as merchandise sold at optus for example, that is not an option for clubs playing outside there home grounds.

Yes QLD tigers can buy merchandise etc directly at the ground but those numbers are heavily reduced compared if the game was at the G

It's very hard to pinpoint exactly which is the most supported club, but I think breaking them down into groups is as realistically accurate as one can get.
So i'll give it a crack....

Huge:
Collingwood
Essendon
Richmond
West Coast

Big:
Adelaide
Carlton
Geelong
Hawthorn
Sydney

Medium:
Fremantle
Melbourne
Port Adelaide

Smallish:
Brisbane
North Melbourne
St.Kilda
Western Bulldogs

Tiny:
Gold Coast
GWS

(in each group I've just gone with alphabetical order, nothing to do with rating the size of the clubs)

Richmond #1. West Coast 2nd and Collingwood 3rd. Essendon have also done a great job at retaining members even through the clubs worst period in history, though that support is starting to drop off now. Hawks 5th.

Back