Which club is Western Bulldogs biggest rival?

Western Bulldogs biggest rival?

• Essendon

Votes: 39 12.9%
  • Geelong

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 77 25.5%
  • Carlton

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Richmond

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 39 12.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • GWS

Votes: 115 38.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Used to be WCE for me after the brawl at Subiaco sometime last century but for me now it’s GWS . Goes back to the working class roots of our club and our struggle to get and retain just about everything versus the chosen child of the AFL given everything and the lesser child disliked for not just staying in the background.

King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
Is there any rivalry between Western Bulldogs-Port Adelaide or is it Western Bulldogs-Adelaide as far as Western Bulldogs rivalry with South Australian clubs goes.

Hoges64

Premiership Player
May 20, 2014
Droop St
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal!
Is there any rivalry between Western Bulldogs-Port Adelaide or is it Western Bulldogs-Adelaide as far as Western Bulldogs rivalry with South Australian clubs goes.
Definitely Adelaide over Port.

'97 and '98 is all you need to know there. Plus the Elimination Final in '15 with the god-damn cheating Talia twats.

All Port ever did was fail to convince Chris Grant to come to them when they joined the league.

darklake

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There was bad blood between Port and Bulldogs based on comments made both by Kane Cornes and Will Minson on field.
Not sure how strong the dislike is nowadays though.

H Dolphin

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2005
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Whatever it might have been in the past, they say the pre 1925 VFA Footscray-Port Melbourne was bigger than Collingwood-Carlton of the '60s - 70s, it has to be Melbourne. 2 Grand Finals, 1 each, a song-mock and an almost-blue in a Perth Night Club. It could be settled by a sing-off at the Pink Pussycat in Kings Cross on Grand Final Eve 2022 followed by a punch-up in the car park, in the tradition of Adelaide-Port conflict resolution procedures.

Last edited:

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still feel like it's GWS although they weren't mongrels when we played them this year they actually tried to play footy (and failed). Was a little disappointed actually.

Hoping to see an Essendon-Bulldogs or a Melbourne-Bulldogs rivalry emerge over the next few years.

King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
Definitely Adelaide over Port.

'97 and '98 is all you need to know there. Plus the Elimination Final in '15 with the god-damn cheating Talia twats.

All Port ever did was fail to convince Chris Grant to come to them when they joined the league.
True.

Is there any rivalry between Western Bulldogs-West Coast or Western Bulldogs-Fremantle or are the WA teams irrelevant in terms of rivalries.

Hoges64

Premiership Player
May 20, 2014
Droop St
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal!
True.

Is there any rivalry between Western Bulldogs-West Coast or Western Bulldogs-Fremantle or are the WA teams irrelevant in terms of rivalries.
Fremantle, no.

We've had some epic matches with WC over the time, and obviously the all-in brawl was huge, but I certainly wouldn't call it a rivalry.

Adelaide and GWS are the only interstate opponents anywhere near a rivalry, and even Adelaide is a bit meh....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs_r_barking

Premiers 2016
Mar 2, 2007
Bellarine Peninsular
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melb Victory
Fremantle, no.

We've had some epic matches with WC over the time, and obviously the all-in brawl was huge, but I certainly wouldn't call it a rivalry.

Adelaide and GWS are the only interstate opponents anywhere near a rivalry, and even Adelaide is a bit meh....
I agree with this, I hated Adelaide for years after 1997/98, but seen they have done nothing since I feel nothing for them now.

West Coast as a club is fine, some of the BF supporters get a bit annoying with the constant Vic biais whinging, although I agree with them on where the finals are played.

Melbourne, aside from their BF supporters trying their best to start a rivalry, I just don’t feel it with them. St Kilda and GWS are my two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad