Which club is Western Bulldogs biggest rival?

Western Bulldogs biggest rival?

• Essendon

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • Geelong

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 40 25.6%
  • Carlton

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collingwood

• North Melbourne

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • Hawthorn

• Adelaide

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • GWS

Votes: 62 39.7%

• Total voters

Fossie 32

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne..VICTORY, Leeds
We did have a rivalry with them thanks to a Steve Wallis shirtfront and a Daniel Southern headlock. Freo is definitely their main rival.

GWS is the current rivalry given the player exchanges and the 2016 prelim (not to mention their 'lost dogs home' poster, fortunately we have a premiership graphic to stick over it).
2uwr7a.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs_r_barking

Premiers 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melb Victory
GWS are a team of over-indulged brats and mercenary players, they haven’t won a flag, in fact they haven’t even made a GF, they haven’t earned a rivalry.

My votes are either Saints, see the sudden urgency to get their team up and contesting for a flag since we won our premiership.

Norf, I haven’t been over to their board for a long time, but any good fortune to the Dogs, had the Norf boys moaning and bitter. The boys up and about since their AFLW team came in, noticeably on our board a lot. They are our true rivals.

dogwatch

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
GWS are a team of over-indulged brats and mercenary players, they haven’t won a flag, in fact they haven’t even made a GF, they haven’t earned a rivalry.

My votes are either Saints, see the sudden urgency to get their team up and contesting for a flag since we won our premiership.

Norf, I haven’t been over to their board for a long time, but any good fortune to the Dogs, had the Norf boys moaning and bitter. The boys up and about since their AFLW team came in, noticeably on our board a lot. They are our true rivals.
So are we talking BF rivals (a concocted bubble IMO) or genuine club vs club rivals?

dogwatch

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
It’s a good point you raise, the bubble does emphasise rivalry’s, but I still think any meaningful game against the Saints or Norf, gets the teams going.
IMO the Norf rivalry is bigger on BF than in real life. I'd never had any quibble with them until I started reading Leon's posts!

Dogs_r_barking

Premiers 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melb Victory
IMO the Norf rivalry is bigger on BF than in real life. I'd never had any quibble with them until I started reading Leon's posts!
My experience is the opposite, really patronising attitude towards us, poor sportsmanship at games. 2016, that first game comes to mind, really terrible supporters to sit with.

I should add, I really want to like Norf, small club, gets crapped on by the AFL, Essendon treated them badly earlier days, but their supporters are just so bad.

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
When you use the term rival is it in a mutual sense or just from our perspective.

In a mutual sense I cannot think of a single team where we would be their main rival, the only possible though unlikely exception to this could be GWS.

From our perspective there would be individual rivals certain supporters would have, but in reality we have situational rivals such as Geelong in finals since we started making finals, St Kilda 2009 and 2010 etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom