Which clubs are really the big four of the AFL?

Which clubs are really the big four of the AFL?

• Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton & Richmond.

Votes: 261 72.5%
  • Sydney, Essendon, Crows & Collingwood.

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Sydney, Essendon, Crows & West Coast.

Votes: 79 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone would think they win the flag every year , wonder whether he was still in stitches when the might of the WB knocked them off at home in 2016 final , bet he didn’t see that coming o_O
Mate your team has one two flags in since 1877. Dont get on your high horse. West Coast in 32 years 7 grand finals and 4 flags

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Carlton and Richmond definitely are, this is why we always get the Marquee Season Opener every season every year, despite Carlton being battlers for several years now.

Haters gonna hate, but them's the facts.

With all due respect,it’s only a marquee game in Victoria,The rest of Australia couldn’t care less about it. Just like Friday night footy has become, just a Vic thing. The rest of the country are not tuning in anymore.

Mate your team has one two flags in since 1877. Dont get on your high horse. West Coast in 32 years 7 grand finals and 4 flags

Haha minows your one flag in 37 years is that correct? Or did I miss something.

Oh dear, someone can’t googlez.
But hey, how does it feel to follow a made up franchise spawned by Victorians?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh dear, someone can’t googlez.
But hey, how does it feel to follow a made up franchise spawned by Victorians?

Franchise haha nice one, you really have some witty arguments. How is the Richmond 3 peat going? 2017 flag and then oh wait

Feels better than following Richmond.

That’s because you don’t understand what it’s like to follow a real club. That’s unfortunate.

Feels pretty damm good with $11.4 million in profit and being the reigning premiers, life is pretty good out in the West

So it seems. I’ll have a coke with my fries thanks franchy.

Franchise haha nice one, you really have some witty arguments. How is the Richmond 3 peat going? 2017 flag and then oh wait

Our 3peat may go as well as yours will.

Ultimately I don't GAF who any supposed big 4 is. Assuming your side is financially viable long term, all that really matters is who is the #1 team at the time. i.e. the reigning premier.
As luck would have it, that side is currently West Coast. All else can bow down and kiss our feet. And whatever else they feel like while they're down there. :moustache:

“And whatever else they feel like while they’re down there”?

Will they be thinking “big 4” inches Dazzler?

Oh and what a GF win.......best ever GF!

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
That’s because you don’t understand what it’s like to follow a real club. That’s unfortunate.

Come on CB17, I've seen a few of your posts, you can do better than this. Your responses are coming across as a bit childish. Improvement needed.

BBC1967

Cancelled
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
As of now Richmmond are the biggest club.KPI crowds members profits and one flag. Pies Ess Carlton have a lot of ground to make up. Stats over last 40 years mean nothing. It is 2019.Fact speak for themselves.

Come on CB17, I've seen a few of your posts, you can do better than this. Your responses are coming across as a bit childish. Improvement needed.

If you read the first post i responded to, you'll understand the last couple of posts. I am always happy to talk footy, but on the same token, always happy to get in the gutter with knuckleheads as well. My responses are usually dictated by what i read.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

We are not expecting a 3 peat we haven't mentioned i once, all we heard from your mob was 3 peat. I know that to winning the flag in 2019 its not given

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
And you get to see them every fortnight. Fly in fly out sort of thing. Mummy where’s my football team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep come with the territory of playing out West mate, what else do you expect? We have to travel every second week and still managed to win the flag. Nothing new there mate

On reflection, I think there is now the big 3 - WCE, Crows and Tiggers.

But what does it really matter?

Of more relevance are the Melbourne teams ripe for abolition, merger or relocation. Carlton, North and Saints clearly head that queue.

We are not expecting a 3 peat we haven't mentioned i once, all we heard from your mob was 3 peat. I know that to winning the flag in 2019 its not given

Lol, yes. It’s funny, all i ever read was dickhead trolls like yourself saying we were saying it, yet we were never saying it. We were the worst premiers ever according to BF. How could we possibly be expecting to do a 3peat?
:think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On this topic, the concept of “the big 4” is a relic from the VFL days. It’s no longer relevant.
Who out there really cares whether your club is big 4? In this current climate so long as your club is competitive and financial (or improving in both areas) why care about unimportant s**t like this.
That’s my actual take.

Temp1au

Cancelled
Feb 10, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
For the past 15 years, Carlton wouldn't be in the 'Big 8'.

First bracket: Collingwood, Adelaide, West Coast
Second bracket: Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond, Essendon, Sydney.

The rest.
Essendon is easily on par with the Pies!
Have been a basket case for the past 17 years haven’t won a final in something like 14
Been through hell one of the lowest points a club can go through in the history of the game
Don’t have a cheerleader like Eddie in the media to whore the side out at every chance he can
Crowds are similar at the end of the year despite playing out of Etihad to the MCG

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Essendon is easily on par with the Pies!
Have been a basket case for the past 17 years haven’t won a final in something like 14
Been through hell one of the lowest points a club can go through in the history of the game
And this is exactly the reason there is a clear gap between the Big 3 and the next 5 (which includes Essendon).

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
On this topic, the concept of “the big 4” is a relic from the VFL days. It’s no longer relevant.
Who out there really cares whether your club is big 4? In this current climate so long as your club is competitive and financial (or improving in both areas) why care about unimportant s**t like this.
That’s my actual take.

Correct, many people don't seem to understand that the old VFL that carked it in 1990 is not the same as the new AFL unless of course they just like to keep some bits and pieces and discard others....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back