Which clubs are really the big four of the AFL?

Which clubs are really the big four of the AFL?

• Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton & Richmond.

Votes: 261 72.5%
  • Sydney, Essendon, Crows & Collingwood.

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Sydney, Essendon, Crows & West Coast.

Votes: 79 21.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s cute that you think that your franchise is even relevant in our league . Just remember it’s a privelage that you are even allowed in it .

Now run along and keep whining about having to come back to our home ground for Grand finals . It’s my favourite tyoe of salt 👍

Your knowledge of history is about on par with your debating skills, not to mention your spelling. I've seen some of your other posts and you are just a troll flog tbh. You add nothing of value to the argument. To say WC are irrelevant is just an idiotic response and you don't deserve the attention.

Your knowledge of history is about on par with your debating skills, not to mention your spelling. I've seen some of your other posts and you are just a troll flog tbh. You add nothing of value to the argument. To say WC are irrelevant is just an idiotic response.

Thanks for your input.

Hopefully west coast win enough games next year to qualify for the grand final.

That way you can fly for 5 hours to come and play us at our home ground if you are good enough.

Beating interstate teams in grand finals is fun.

Yeah sure, we will fly to "Richmond" since you think its a city. HAHA.

Looks like you have some serious , but understandable insecurity issues.

That's cool, don't fret princess, we will let you play in our league regardless, we do need someone to beat in grand finals, hopefully you are good enough to make it next time.

Last edited:
Hasn't been a big four in years, but Richmond is probably getting close to joining the big 3:
Eagles
Hawks
Pies

That is very clearly currently the big 3 when you look at a combination of members, assets, revenue and sustained on field success.

Tigers close to joining the group, especially with Pies lacking somewhat in flags in the last few decades, and Tigers big membership numbers.

Your knowledge of history is about on par with your debating skills, not to mention your spelling. I've seen some of your other posts and you are just a troll flog tbh. You add nothing of value to the argument. To say WC are irrelevant is just an idiotic response and you don't deserve the attention.

Try to ignore him. It seems all those years in the wilderness for the tigers was like getting continually dropped on the head for some of their fans. Severely damaged.

Hasn't been a big four in years, but Richmond is probably getting close to joining the big 3:
Eagles
Hawks
Pies

That is very clearly currently the big 3 when you look at a combination of members, assets, revenue and sustained on field success.

Tigers close to joining the group, especially with Pies lacking somewhat in flags in the last few decades, and Tigers big membership numbers.

lol

the hawks are closer to permanently relocating to Tasmania than being as big as the big 1.

You are a classic lol

lol

the hawks are closer to permanently relocating to Tasmania than being as big as the big 1.

You are a classic lol

More profit last year than Richmond, a s**t load more assets than Richmond, and a s**t load more flags in the last 40 years.

I can understand Tigers fans being up and about, its been a good 3 years for them.

Richmond are still a good distance from the sustained success required to get close to the likes of WC and Hawthorn, with WC the very clear leaders at the moment. If WC decided to cash in all their assets, they could buy Richmond's assets 3 times, and Hawthorn's twice. They also nearly doubled Tigers profit, and doubled the Tigers flag count in the time WC have been in the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles
Hawks
Pies

Hawks! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try small 4 champ.
Very funny though.

Big clubs don’t need to relocate 5 games a year for 10 years especially when they are winning flags

Now that they have stopped winning I expect them to relocate permanently

Big four clubs remain relevant for more than 3 years every 40ish. Get back to us with your big 4 membership application in another 20 years little fish.

More profit last year than Richmond, a s**t load more assets than Richmond, and a s**t load more flags in the last 40 years.

I can understand Tigers fans being up and about, its been a good 3 years for them.

Richmond are still a good distance from the sustained success required to get close to the likes of WC and Hawthorn, with WC the very clear leaders at the moment. If WC decided to cash in all their assets, they could buy Richmond's assets 3 times, and Hawthorn's twice. They also nearly doubled Tigers profit, and doubled the Tigers flag count in the time WC have been in the competition.

The glory days are over mate

And the government and afl subsidies are running out

Crowds dropping , No winning finals in 4 years, you have 3 options

1. Permanently relocate to Tassie
2. Sell games to New Zealnad
3. Merge with Gold Coast

Last edited:
is it going on match attendances......members......flags.......profit

or all of the above :)

Most Vics would tell you Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond....

but I spose West Coast, Adelaide, Collingwood and Essendon is fair enough on a national scale

Id like to see West Coast and Adelaide fill a stadium the size of the MCG though (not doubting they probably could given the right circumstances)
West Coast could I reckon

The AFL would survive with any team in the comp going out bar Richmond and as much as I hate to say it Collingwood, then they would have a real struggle on thier hands. All other teams are replaceable and the situation managable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back