Which clubs are really the big four of the AFL?

Which clubs are really the big four of the AFL?

• Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton & Richmond.

Votes: 261 72.5%
  • Sydney, Essendon, Crows & Collingwood.

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Sydney, Essendon, Crows & West Coast.

Votes: 79 21.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More profit last year than Richmond, a s**t load more assets than Richmond, and a s**t load more flags in the last 40 years.

I can understand Tigers fans being up and about, its been a good 3 years for them.

Richmond are still a good distance from the sustained success required to get close to the likes of WC and Hawthorn, with WC the very clear leaders at the moment. If WC decided to cash in all their assets, they could buy Richmond's assets 3 times, and Hawthorn's twice. They also nearly doubled Tigers profit, and doubled the Tigers flag count in the time WC have been in the competition.
Hawks? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
I assume you're being jocular (look it up).
LOL.

More profit last year than Richmond, a s**t load more assets than Richmond, and a s**t load more flags in the last 40 years.

I can understand Tigers fans being up and about, its been a good 3 years for them.

Richmond are still a good distance from the sustained success required to get close to the likes of WC and Hawthorn, with WC the very clear leaders at the moment. If WC decided to cash in all their assets, they could buy Richmond's assets 3 times, and Hawthorn's twice. They also nearly doubled Tigers profit, and doubled the Tigers flag count in the time WC have been in the competition.

This post is a reminder to us all to never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Thanks anyway for today's comedy routine.

The AFL would survive with any team in the comp going out bar Richmond and as much as I hate to say it Collingwood, then they would have a real struggle on thier hands. All other teams are replaceable and the situation managable!

They would both be missed for sure, but the comp would soldier on without a problem in the world.

The glory days are over mate

And the government and afl subsidies are running out

Crowds dropping , No winning finals in 4 years, you have 3 options

1. Permanently relocate to Tassie
2. Sell games to New Zealnad
3. Merge with Gold Coast
Pfft! :laughing:

The glory days are over mate

And the government and afl subsidies are running out

Crowds dropping , No winning finals in 4 years, you have 3 options

1. Permanently relocate to Tassie
2. Sell games to New Zealnad
3. Merge with Gold Coast
Don't be absurd. Hawthorn will be fine. They have built a strong foundation. Relocation us unlikely in the modern era, the AFL is highly protective nowdays

On SM-J530Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be interested to know how many clubs have averaged 47,000 at home games as a bottom 3 team with only 7 of their home games at the MCG.

The Eagles since moving to the new stadium average 53k per game and it matters not who we play. We turn up against all clubs, not just for the big so called blockbuster games. Anyone can turn up to them.

I’d be interested to know how many clubs have averaged 47,000 at home games as a bottom 3 team with only 7 of their home
The Eagles since moving to the new stadium average 53k per game and it matters not who we play. We turn up against all clubs, not just for the big so called blockbuster games. Anyone can turn up to them.
bottom 3, 52,000 against Saints 57,000 against Melbourne et.... You could not even fill Subiaco in in 09 which is not much bigger than the old VFL suburban grounds.

bottom 3, 52,000 against Saints 57,000 against Melbourne et.... You could not even fill Subiaco in in 09 which is not much bigger than the old VFL suburban grounds.

West Coast don't have the luxury of away support. You had 6 games home games against Victorian Opposition (including the annual round 1 snorefest and Collingwood) where you can bank on between 10,000 and 35,000 in away support, 2 games against the 2 relocated former Melbourne clubs (Brisbane and Sydney) who draw well in Melbourne, then 2 games against the 2 biggest "interstate" clubs in West Coast and Adelaide. The only dud fixture you had was Gold Coast.

Sometimes you have to look a little deeper than the headline figure.

West Coast don't have the luxury of away support. You had 6 games home games against Victorian Opposition (including the annual round 1 snorefest and Collingwood) where you can bank on between 10,000 and 35,000 in away support, 2 games against the 2 relocated former Melbourne clubs (Brisbane and Sydney) who draw well in Melbourne, then 2 games against the 2 biggest "interstate" clubs in West Coast and Adelaide. The only dud fixture you had was Gold Coast.

Sometimes you have to look a little deeper than the headline figure.
I agree you need to look a little further against the Saints we had around 40 to 45k there Melbourne the same against the roos 40,000 were Blues, the snore fest v the Tiges 45k were Blues. We are bottom 3 side my point is when they were bottom for one year in their whole existence they were getting 25 to 30k at Subi.

I agree you need to look a little further against the Saints we had around 40 to 45k there Melbourne the same against the roos 40,000 were Blues, the snore fest v the Tiges 45k were Blues. We are bottom 3 side my point is when they were bottom for one year in their whole existence they were getting 25 to 30k at Subi.

I don't know anywhere it has been said that Carlton are not a big club, win a couple of flags like the Tigers have and watch your supporters appear then.
Everyone loves a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back