Which clubs could 'almost' guarantee Dusty a premiership in the next 6 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Let's put aside the money and assume his chosen club meets his asking price.

It is 2023 and you look back at the 2018 to 2023 premiers, we know all clubs have a chance at having won one in those years but which clubs would you be expect to have won at least 1 premiership over that period.

I would think GWS will have to win at least one over that time. Sydney too I would expect to win at least one.

Adelaide, Geelong, West Coast, Essendon and Hawthorn I would not be surprised if they won one but then I would not be surprised either if they didn't.

Any of the other clubs (including mine) I would be pleasantly surprised if they won one.

In a 6 year period any of the 18 clubs might win one, look at the Doggies.

Who should win at least one in the 6 prime years ahead for Dusty?

With Dusty from now?

GWS
St Kilda
Essendon
Sydney
Bulldogs
Port
Adelaide
Geelong

Those are the teams I think can win over the next few years with or without Dusty.

Geelong would win with Dusty but no way could they afford him.
Adelaide a very decent chance
Bulldogs still a fairly decent chance
Sydney would win with Martin.

6 years is a long time. Any club could win it. If I was to say the best club that would have a chance of being able to afford him - I'd be looking at Adelaide. Otherwise maybe a club like St.Kilda or Essendon would both be greatly improved and probably would have been top 4 sides this year with him.

I doubt that Geelong, GWS, Sydney could afford him. Bulldogs doubtful as well. However that's just based on public perception. So if they can afford him these 4 would be ideal.

Good oil is we pay our best players $800k. Doubt we have the cap space to take another player on that sum. I also doubt it would be enough to interest him.

I think the Crows would be the smart choice to win a flag.

Left field choice might be Carlton, and get in at the beginning of what Bolton is building.

Has Melbourne got room to take a shot at him, that team is legitimately building something good and if you added Martin I think they are contending immediately.

Geelong would be terrifying with Selwood, Danger and Dusty in the middle and Danger and Dusty spending 25% of game time up forward. But there is no way they can fit him in the cap
Clubs are way more flexible then you think, I stress it won't happen but if Martin came out and said he wants Geelong we could make it happen any club could.

Retirements, trades, deal restructuring, not re-signing a fringe player or two you might have otherwise done.

It would hurt our depth and make us the most top heavy team ever, but it could be done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide Crows
Brisbane Lions
Carlton Blues
Collingwood Magpies
Essendon Bombers
Fremantle Dockers
Geelong Cats
Gold Coast Suns
Greater Western Sydney Giants
Hawthorn Hawks
Melbourne Demons
North Melbourne Kangaroos
Port Adelaide Power
Richmond Tigers
St.Kilda Saints
Sydney Swans
West Coast Eagles
Western Bulldogs

Well almost.

Good oil is we pay our best players $800k. Doubt we have the cap space to take another player on that sum. I also doubt it would be enough to interest him.

I think the Crows would be the smart choice to win a flag.

Left field choice might be Carlton, and get in at the beginning of what Bolton is building.

Jesus christ - imagine a Carlton - Richmond GF with Dusty lining up for Carlton

brb - fapping

Geelong would win with Dusty but no way could they afford him.
Adelaide a very decent chance
Bulldogs still a fairly decent chance
Sydney would win with Martin.

6 years is a long time. Any club could win it. If I was to say the best club that would have a chance of being able to afford him - I'd be looking at Adelaide. Otherwise maybe a club like St.Kilda or Essendon would both be greatly improved and probably would have been top 4 sides this year with him.

I doubt that Geelong, GWS, Sydney could afford him. Bulldogs doubtful as well. However that's just based on public perception. So if they can afford him these 4 would be ideal.

Although at this rate if we keep Lever and McGovern, doubt we will but I can dream, there won't be a lot of cash leftover.

Although at this rate if we keep Lever and McGovern, doubt we will but I can dream, there won't be a lot of cash leftover.

With the new agreement, Don't be surprised how much money is now available, Even Geelong would be feeling pretty good now compared to last year.

Most clubs would feel pretty cashed up IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back