• Garth

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
No doubt it will be difficult for anyone to break into our great side.But as history has it no premiership sides are the same each year.19 to 20 we had Balta.
i'm confident we'll create history in rnd 1 and become the first side to be unchanged from the premiership year.As the year goes on i think sadly time will catch up with Houli which in turn will open up a spot in our best 22.
Time for a cub to step up.
Think first dibs will go to Ross.
Over the year i expect a few of our older players to be managed.
The player who i think is a real smoky and have heard good things about him is Will Martyn.
Very much a Richmond man in the way he approaches the game.I see him as the Liam Baker of 2021.
Yours?

At a glance I thought it said which club will rise ... I guess we could always jump up in the air from up top.

From the list, a little difficult on many of them because they have played little in 2020.

When Ross fills in now the team loses nothing, he is on a par with 16 to 22, if he goes up a notch he will play every game.

Stack, (if he has not burned his bridges), already has the skills to always be in the 22. He is likely the most gifted on OPs above list. (haven't we got some godly gifted indigenous boys on our list ...)

We are hoping RCD is the next Kouta, can't say I have seen a lot of him but what I have heard is encouraging.

Ryan and CCJ will certainly get opportunities this year with Soldo in recovery.

MRJ is likely a year away; but is an exciting prospect.

For the rest it is likely newly drafted for most of them with very little 2020 game time. I know there will be one or two surprises, our recruiters have been pretty awesome finding talent in recent years. Roll on 2021.

Went RCD as he has the tools, if he continues to develop physically, fitness and game sense, to be an absolute difference creator in our team. Dimma said a few times in 2020 that he was close to selection. I reckon RCD could be a guy that creates a different look to how we operate, and the club will want to explore that.

However, Ross is proven AFL quality. As is Stack. Naish and Garth would already be regulars for many teams.

CCJ will have opportunities to play this year. Hope he takes it with both hands and proves he is the right man.

Other than that plenty of good players coming on. Could be quite a few makes their debuts. Looking forward to seeing them come in and play AFL.

However, I'm expecting the team to be mostly the same. CCJ is the obvious guy with a spot available to him if he can step up.

I reckon Dow is the one. Looks to have put some much needed size on. Did not look out of place pace wise in his couple of games.

But this could easily be Dow, RCD, Ross, CCJ or even Stacky.

Really looking forward to seing them all in action at some point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a glance I thought it said which club will rise ... I guess we could always jump up in the air from up top.

From the list, a little difficult on many of them because they have played little in 2020.

When Ross fills in now the team loses nothing, he is on a par with 16 to 22, if he goes up a notch he will play every game.

Stack, (if he has not burned his bridges), already has the skills to always be in the 22. He is likely the most gifted on OPs above list. (haven't we got some godly gifted indigenous boys on our list ...)

We are hoping RCD is the next Kouta, can't say I have seen a lot of him but what I have heard is encouraging.

Ryan and CCJ will certainly get opportunities this year with Soldo in recovery.

MRJ is likely a year away; but is an exciting prospect.

For the rest it is likely newly drafted for most of them with very little 2020 game time. I know there will be one or two surprises, our recruiters have been pretty awesome finding talent in recent years. Roll on 2021.

I misread it too

I think it will be Ross, always liked him and reckon he was stiff to miss the 2019 GF. The 2020 season didn't love him, but a lot of players across the comp struggled a bit without a true second tier and all the disruption.

RCD in his third year now though as a top 20 pick, he's the one I think that should really be pushing to be established best 22 by year's end. He'd be my other pick and I think the club rate his potential really highly.

I reckon Dow might surprise too, but he could also be another year away as I'm not sure there's too many spots available without injury.

From the H/sun.Breakout contender at your club.

We all love predicting breakout players.

Whoever tipped Jordan Ridley’s extraordinary rise should give themselves a pat on the back.

Ridley started 2020 with only nine games to his name, but will enter next season as Essendon’s reigning club champion and fresh from making the All-Australian shortlist.

There are layers to what a breakout is as well: Christian Petracca, Jack Steele, Cam Guthrie and Luke Ryan were all good players before last season, but ended it as first-time All-Australians.

Then there were footballers such as Josh Daicos, Dan Butler, Luke McDonald, Matt Taberner, James Rowbottom and Brandon Starcevich, who went to a new level.

So who could follow in their footsteps in 2021?

RICHMOND
Callum Coleman-Jones will miss the first month of next season, serving the rest of a 10-match ban for breaking the AFL’s COVID-19 protocols. That’s a hindrance to his breakout hopes, but ruck-forward Coleman-Jones – a top-20 pick in 2017 – is otherwise coming along nicely. There’s a logjam at his positions at Tigerland, but it will take only an injury or two for him to show what he’s got.

Ross looks the most primed to break out to me. CCJ probably will end up being a mainstay due to our positional requirements, but he may need a bit of time settling into a role like that.

I wonder whose place Ross would take though. There’s probably someone who’ll dip in form, so he’ll find a place if he’s ready

Word is that Dow is coming on in leaps and bounds. Could be ahead of RCD for a debut by the time the season starts.

Having said that, Ross will have a breakout year and i think it will be a head turner from across the comp. No doubt.
Another RCD melt?
Melt.gif

Back