Prediction Which current Carlton players will end up being in Carlton's best ever 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

A little bit difficult for me to comment on some of the older generation to be perfectly honest, but perhaps it's more of a sliding effect?

Crane -> Interchange
Gallagher -> Wing
Judd -> Rover/Ruck Rover

Someone else probably comes out of the side from the interchange or somewhere else. You would make room for someone like Judd, just my opinion.

fwiw - I would leave Crane on a wing

Ashman 1st rover

Keogh pocket

Judd RR

Serge interchange

Gallagher ... sorry but Judd is in

If his knees hold up, Charlie Curnow, could well be the Jezza of the modern generation.

Been out for a while, but it's easy to forget how often he took our breath away with his marking and athletic ability.

Simmo deserves a place on the bench at least for years of loyal, dedicated service to our club..

Paddy Cripps would be a no brainer you assume.

fwiw - I would leave Crane on a wing

Ashman 1st rover

Keogh pocket

Judd RR

Serge interchange

Gallagher ... sorry but Judd is in

It becomes a bit of a moot point when not factoring in other modern 'greats' when looking to adjust it. Does Koutoufides get a look in? He could be honestly picked and just about every position. Was Comben a better player than Kade Simpson? I honestly have no idea on Comben other than his achievements, but jeez Simmo is a bloody under-rated player and has amassed a lot of games for the club. I think Andrew McKay would have a claim on that Comben spot too. I've said earlier in this thread that I think Fevola goes ahead of Vallence. Does Soapy go straight out for team balance then?

Also depends on how you pick it. If you are going on achievements, club contributions and the players record, that's one thing. If you're picking it to win a match (say like a one off, carnival game) then the whole team probably changes. In this instance, Kouta would be a lock at his best wouldn't he?

It becomes a bit of a moot point when not factoring in other modern 'greats' when looking to adjust it. Does Koutoufides get a look in? He could be honestly picked and just about every position. Was Comben a better player than Kade Simpson? I honestly have no idea on Comben other than his achievements, but jeez Simmo is a bloody under-rated player and has amassed a lot of games for the club. I think Andrew McKay would have a claim on that Comben spot too. I've said earlier in this thread that I think Fevola goes ahead of Vallence. Does Soapy go straight out for team balance then?

Also depends on how you pick it. If you are going on achievements, club contributions and the players record, that's one thing. If you're picking it to win a match (say like a one off, carnival game) then the whole team probably changes. In this instance, Kouta would be a lock at his best wouldn't he?

I would have Wayne Harmes in the BP before Simpson or McKay

while never saw Comben myself ... have spoken to someone who did and rated Harmes a much better player !!

Now there’s a thought, Kouta and Crippa in the same side... imagine the shellackings we’d be dishing out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back