Which Debutant Will Play The Most In 2019?

Which 2019 Debutants Will Play The Most Games?

• Rozee

Votes: 135 82.3%
  • Hayes

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Garner

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Drew

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Butters

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • Duursma

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Grundy

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Patmore

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • Ladhams

• Woodcock

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Hewett

• Cox

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Pudney

• Fredericks

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to see Rozee and Butters in our round 1 side.

Would be nice to see Duursma get a chance at some stage too.

Patmore and Hayes are the other 2 that stand out. Hayes would need to be later in the year if his comeback goes alright and if we have a ruck injury to Ryder/Lycett. Patmore showed glimpses last year as well so hopefully he has a big preseason and is knocking on the door this year.

Woodcock also could be a chance in that Sammy Gray role if he can string together some good SANFL form.

I cant see Garner, Drew, Ladhams, Garner, Grundy, Cox, Hewett, Pudney or Fredericks getting games.

Rozee plays round 1 and if he has been building a solid foundation for a good preseason his fitness should hold up and he stays in the side.

You keep in mind we have a few kids that have done a couple of preseasons we need to get games into I'm not sure the others get many.

Butters is coming from a fair way back having had the shoulder injury to deal with so no rush next season is ok.

Xavier the more you look the more you see that looks ok but a couple of preseasons.

Splinter could get a few more than you would expect. We need a small forward up and running more than anything else.

Forgot about Hayes. He's fit I don't see us messing around he'll get a decent run.

Rozee, woodcock both been playing footy against men for a year not out of the under 18s comp. Both can play from round 1.
Patmore is the another I think can go from round 1.
Hopefully Butters and duursma too.

I would like to see Rozee and Butters in our round 1 side.

Would be nice to see Duursma get a chance at some stage too.

Patmore and Hayes are the other 2 that stand out. Hayes would need to be later in the year if his comeback goes alright and if we have a ruck injury to Ryder/Lycett. Patmore showed glimpses last year as well so hopefully he has a big preseason and is knocking on the door this year.

Woodcock also could be a chance in that Sammy Gray role if he can string together some good SANFL form.

I cant see Garner, Drew, Ladhams, Garner, Grundy, Cox, Hewett, Pudney or Fredericks getting games.
Did you see Patmore play much in '18. If so what position and what are his strengths....cheers

All three first round draft picks should be in our R1 side.

We are playing against Melbourne at the MCG. If Collingwood taught us anything last year, it’s that you need players willing to take the game on with speed against those clowns.

In fact, I’d play all three for as long as possible to protect guys like Powell-Pepper, Rockliff and Wines, and then give them a rest in July/August when the annual grind sets in - which is when we normally fail due to fatigue.

Rozee up forward, Butters on a wing in a purely outside role and Duursma on the bench to come in for stoppages when it’s super congested and we need someone to break through.

We absolutely need Hayes to play ~10 games this year

I'm willing to give Hayes a bit of a pass next year, he is a young Ruck coming off a knee injury. Probably won't start the season. I have a lot of faith in him long term, but prepared to accept he may struggle a bit next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon woodcock will get a few games. He has been exposed to senior bodies before and we have a tendency to debut smaller players early on; hitchcock irons impey etc. Rozee should get the most games. Garner Drew and Patmore to debut

Woodcock and Patmore will both play 18+ games next year
Well the opening post didn't say anything about in which comp. :D

You would think Rozee is a certain starter if he is fit and well. Duursma and Butters will play some games through the year too. But preseason also regularly throws up a curve ball, someone who surprises and comes out of the pack ... Neade, Byrne-Jones, Houston, all surprised by getting games after good preseasons. I reckon Woodcock is the one I would put my money on to impress in pre-season. Something about him I really like! Another that I reckon will be a good AFL player is Pudney. So much to like about him!

Can see Woodcock playing more games than plenty of guys drafted ahead of him. Seems like every year one or two late pick small forwards come from nowhere to establish themselves at AFL level, and Woodcock has shown enough at senior SANFL level to suggest that he could be one of them.

Where has the Patmore love come from? Where do you all see him fitting in?
Should have played 1 or 2 games late last season. Wing or half forward his best positions, even half back if needed.

Last season Barry played 5 games and Amon played 6.

I think Patmore can contribute about the same next year and will get better since he's only 19 (turning 20) while Amon/Barry were 23/24.

Back