Which Debutant Will Play The Most In 2019?

Which 2019 Debutants Will Play The Most Games?

• Rozee

Votes: 135 82.3%
  • Hayes

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Garner

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Drew

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Butters

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • Duursma

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Grundy

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Patmore

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • Ladhams

• Woodcock

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Hewett

• Cox

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Pudney

• Fredericks

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see Rozee and Woodcock playing round one, would be happy to see Butters and Patmore have a run on a wing throughout 2019, would love Garner to get a run in a back pocket (through irresistible form) and I don't know why I have an inclination that Hewett is closer than most expect...

I can see Rozee and Woodcock playing round one, would be happy to see Butters and Patmore have a run on a wing throughout 2019, would love Garner to get a run in a back pocket (through irresistible form) and I don't know why I have an inclination that Hewett is closer than most expect...
From the half I watched at Leederville oval last year, without doing anything special outstanding, the midfield looked better with Atley in it.

From what I've read in the Maggie's review threads from Ford, Ozph and a couple of others, I get the same feeling about Hewett.

From the half I watched at Leederville oval last year, without doing anything special outstanding, the midfield looked better with Atley in it.

From what I've read in the Maggie's review threads from Ford, Ozph and a couple of others, I get the same feeling about Hewett.
What Atley Hewett and a long line of others need is a 2/3 game stint at AFL. Get over the nerves and who knows.
The club obviously see enough in Hewett for him to be still on the list.
Joe's kicking is better than Ollie's and he's got quick hands in traffic. Don't know Hewett's stats but he's one of these guys
who quietly racks them up. The one who I'm starting to wonder about is Rockliff.
Not quick, weak kick and fragile body who is good at seagull'ing and dishing off 20m kicks but I think we might
have over estimated / paid his 'value' to us.

What Atley Hewett and a long line of others need is a 2/3 game stint at AFL. Get over the nerves and who knows.
The club obviously see enough in Hewett for him to be still on the list.
Joe's kicking is better than Ollie's and he's got quick hands in traffic. Don't know Hewett's stats but he's one of these guys
who quietly racks them up. The one who I'm starting to wonder about is Rockliff.
Not quick, weak kick and fragile body who is good at seagull'ing and dishing off 20m kicks but I think we might
have over estimated / paid his 'value' to us.

We had to spend the money on Rockliff, otherwise it was disappearing. And he'll be fine.

The prospectus talks up Joel Garner's season.

Elite reader of play. Elite intercept mark, above average intercept possessions and spoils. Above average kicking and disposal efficiency. Just didn't get the ball much but very positive.
He's a lockdown medium sized defender. He's not supposed to get the ball a lot.

The stats tend to be relative to their position. He doesn't get a lot of the ball for a general defender. It was his first year playing against men. The numbers and analysis is overwhelmingly positive.
Do they breakdown different types of defenders or is everyone a general defender?

To me there are KPDs, Running Back Flankers and medium/small lockdown defenders.

Do they breakdown different types of defenders or is everyone a general defender?

To me there are KPDs, Running Back Flankers and medium/small lockdown defenders.

They do general defenders and key defenders. (the numbers would be a bit skewed by seagulls like Lloyd, but it does account for contested percentage. Garner is very contested 42.7% in his first year of sanfl, 47% in the champs in his draft year against afl 'general defenders' who average 30%)

Bonner and Mayes have pretty bad numbers. They are reasonably uncontested, don't get a lot of the ball and don't have a good disposal efficiency. If you aren't contested, you need to have good disposal.

Anyway, Garner sounds like someone who should get some gametime this year if he has got through preseason. (i also read somewhere he has a brother likely to be drafted this year?)

The prospectus talks up Joel Garner's season.

Elite reader of play. Elite intercept mark, above average intercept possessions and spoils. Above average kicking and disposal efficiency. Just didn't get the ball much but very positive.
For a 66 year old former West Indian cricketer, that's really impressive. Good luck to him.

I remember him saying he modelled his game on hodge. Seems the same type of defender with leadership qualities

Back