Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guyana

• Mashonaland

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gilly doesn't get a gig? And I'd have Siddle in the Vic side too.

Gilchrist was born and raised in NSW and played for them to debut. So he is neither a product or debutant of WA's, nor played enough for NSW.

I think I'll have to take Ted McDonald out though, yes. I copied the Vic team over from one I did a while ago, but looking at him I think his situation is much like Gilchrist's, except the team he played most of his cricket with was Lancashire.

Yorkshire's options for left arm spin are astonishing. Peate, Peel, Rhodes, Verity and Wardle would walk into any team as a first-choice spinner, and they all came directly after each other.

No Border in the NSW side? Or Lindwall?

Tossing up which to make 12th man, among others (Noble, Bardsley, etc). Border makes the team more even, but is right on the limit in terms of how much he actually played for NSW.

That seems unnecessarily strict.

I don't think too many West Australians are going to be unhappy about Marsh getting a gig, and Oldfield still holds the record for career Test stumpings. Hardly unworthy. I want this to be just as much about recognising areas for the consistent talent they raise as much as anything. It's not perfect, but every competition like this is going to have people that miss out for some reason or another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit surprised there's been no love for any of the South African teams so far either. Natal is a top-tier side, Transvaal might be as well. Westerns aren't far behind.

I ended up voting for the Lahore team containing Akram, Qadir and Saqlain but Natal would be my choice of the South African teams.

Anyone like Antiga.Four greats come to mind.
1.Sir Vivian Richards
2.Richie Richardson
3.Curtley Ambrose
4.Andy Roberts

Anyone like Antiga.Four greats come to mind.
1.Sir Vivian Richards
2.Richie Richardson
3.Curtley Ambrose
4.Andy Roberts

I'd like to know what's happened to their cricket development system, because since Ridley Jacobs retired they haven't had a Test cricketer play more than a match or two.

I'd like to know what's happened to their cricket development system, because since Ridley Jacobs retired they haven't had a Test cricketer play more than a match or two.
Kieth Arthurton and Winston Benjamin where also both handy cricketers .They also hosted the Womans T20 final.Diaspointing the decline of Antigan+West Indian cricket.

Wow what a team.Desmond Haynes 12th man.
I'd have Haynes play ahead of Hunte, purely because Greenidge/Haynes as a combination are almost unrivalled.

As a boy Barry Shepherd was a standout - no room, Katichs record for WA is the one I'd drop for him

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/7604.html

Different times, WA batting/team needed a backbone & Shep was it.

Handy sportsman too:
Barry Shepherd was an outstanding junior sportsman in Australian rules football, hockey and cricket. Twice representing Western Australia in schoolboy football, he won the medal for best player at the carnival on the first year of his selection (in Tasmania). He was runner-up for the same medal the following year (in Melbourne). The Richmond Football Club showed significant interest in recruiting him. He also represented Western Australia in hockey, winning all Australian selection as a full back.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Shepherd

As a boy Barry Shepherd was a standout - no room, Katichs record for WA is the one I'd drop for him

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/7604.html

Different times, WA batting/team needed a backbone & Shep was it.

Handy sportsman too:
Barry Shepherd was an outstanding junior sportsman in Australian rules football, hockey and cricket. Twice representing Western Australia in schoolboy football, he won the medal for best player at the carnival on the first year of his selection (in Tasmania). He was runner-up for the same medal the following year (in Melbourne). The Richmond Football Club showed significant interest in recruiting him. He also represented Western Australia in hockey, winning all Australian selection as a full back.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Shepherd

I ummed and ahhed a fair bit over whether to go back further with WA cricketers. What about Ross Edwards? Charles Puckett? Wally Langdon? The biggest problem they have is that Australian selectors ignored West Australians until the mid 70s.

This one for a laugh...Tassie has gotten to the stage where it's produced enough internationals for serious consideration, but also had a healthy reliance on imports to remain competitive for 130 years until they got their s**t together in the late 1980's. Two teams - one made up of Tasmanian-born Aussie rep players only, and the other of imports who represented their respective countries at some stage. A heavily armoured home grown batting lineup v a pretty savage imported bowling attack...!

Tasmanian Best All-Time XI - International home grown reps only
Charles Eady
Michael Divenuto
David Boon
Ricky Ponting (c)
Jack Badcock
George Bailey
Tim Paine (wk)
Shaun Young
James Faulkner
Ben Hilfenhaus
Laurie Nash

Tasmanian Best All-Time XI - International imported reps only!
Shane Watson
Khalid Ibadulla
Rohan Kanhai
Michael Bevan
Brian Davison (c)
Colin Miller
Allan Knott (wk)
Michael Holding
Winston Davis
Dennis Lillee
Patrick Patterson

Back