Prediction Which ex-GWS players will make it?

Which of these ex-GWS players will come good?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Whiley has yet to show any genuine promise TBH. I think he has his work cut out to stay on the list, however, he is about to return from a calf injury and I hope he can find some form with the NB’s and put his name up for selection. Midfielders are always needed, even if they are foot soldier types like Mark

Turned out to be a REALLY lopsided trade in hindsight. I know GWS had their reasons, but they effectively let us upgrade the Geelong pick from mid to late teens up to pick 8, then gave us Plowman, Phillips, Sumner and Lamb for #28 and a couple of really late picks that we didn't need and they used for academy points.

It was a good deal - Carlton got 3 NEAFL players and a maybe-best 22, and in return also took on a substantial chunk of salary we'd allocated to Lamb.

From GWS's perspective, we got Hopper and the cap room to re-sign Dylan Shiel.

10/10 would do again.

Just my personal view but I think Lamb, so long as he keeps up the application, will be more than depth.

He has a certain something about him, classy, clever, deceptive pace and can kick goals. He seems to be involved in a fair amount of our scoring shots.

Would be nice if the umps took more notice of all the illegal holding on him too.

Just my personal view but I think Lamb, so long as he keeps up the application, will be more than depth.

He has a certain something about him, classy, clever, deceptive pace and can kick goals. He seems to be involved in a fair amount of our scoring shots.

Would be nice if the umps took more notice of all the illegal holding on him too.
Seems to get the wrong end of most 50/50 umpiring decisions for some reason. Hope this changes over time.

It was a good deal - Carlton got 3 NEAFL players and a maybe-best 22, and in return also took on a substantial chunk of salary we'd allocated to Lamb.

10/10 would do again.
You had already re-signed Shiel by the time this trade went down. Getting those players off your payroll would have allowed some front loading this year to help re-sign guys like Kelly. But yeah, no doubt this trade has helped GWS too. SOS knew the situation with your list and payroll and knew he could sniff out a bargain by taking players off your cap. Win / win. Hope we can do it again.

10/10 would do again.

Was going to comment on this too. I think GWS got exactly what they wanted, as did Carlton. the new recruits have been great for us and Hopper looks an absolute gem. The very definition of a win-win trade in my books.

Right now, the loser from the whole deal (if there is one), is looking like Adelaide who traded Pick 28 (the pick we on-traded to GWS) + Kerridge for a bloke who's sitting in their reserves. Still, if Menzel can come good and start living up to his potential, that will be a WIN for all 3 clubs.

10/10 would do again.

Always good to see your profile name appear IanW and always brings a smile to my face .
Your work on the HTB in breaking the minds of the Hirdites will never be forgotten .
Now , if you can just manage to send Marchbank our way on the cheap it would be much appreciated ... I'm sure with all the talent up there you'd hardly even miss him ...

Always good to see your profile name appear IanW and always brings a smile to my face .
Your work on the HTB in breaking the minds of the Hirdites will never be forgotten .
Now , if you can just manage to send Marchbank our way on the cheap it would be much appreciated ... I'm sure with all the talent up there you'd hardly even miss him ...

Marchbank is still a Giant.

On the other hand, can I interest you in a slightly-used Tomlinson, with a Downie and a Stewart as throw-ins ?

Marchbank is still a Giant.

On the other hand, can I interest you in a slightly-used Tomlinson, with a Downie and a Stewart as throw-ins ?

Not for mine mate , though there is another club down here i can recommend you float them too and I'm sure they'll offer you a king's ransom for them after what they sent our way for Hampson and Yarran ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Just saying.

Send him down, BB knows how to fix that problem:thumbsu:

But you also need to throw in more GWS/NEAFL players so we continue the trend...
2014 3 players (incl. #19) for a first round pick(#7)
2015 4 players for a second round pick (#28)
2016 please deliver 5 players for a third round pick (#49?):p
:)

SOS knew the situation with your list and payroll and knew he could sniff out a bargain by taking players off your cap. Win / win. Hope we can do it again.

There's another old timer now in the loose with Grubby Allen back at The Pies and they've already broached their intentions to try and sweep through GWS (probably a side swipe by Ed and the academy).

Jakschy missed out on a golden opportunity this week, see how the Jaksch/Silvagni combo goes this in the NB's?

There's another old timer now in the loose with Grubby Allen back at The Pies and they've already broached their intentions to try and sweep through GWS (probably a side swipe by Ed and the academy).

Jakschy missed out on a golden opportunity this week, see how the Jaksch/Silvagni combo goes this in the NB's?

Will be interesting to see who has the beter relationship with the GWS players.... Gubby or SOS

Also those slamming jaksch for walking around the boundary all preseason, I think I read somewhere that he had glandular fever around Christmas. Might explain that...

Our underperforming vfl side isn't helping him. Needs to lock down a position, but our floundering b team means he's still getting moved around

Sumner is quickly becoming one of my favourites. It's hard to teach mongrel, and he's got it in spades.
Agree, and while not an annoying prick like Ballantyne, seems to have a bit of swagger too. Really liked how he nailed that Port player and then slotted the goal.

10/10 would do again.

Maybe this year you can send us a couple of NEAFL players and Shiel and Cameron. That way you should clear another 'substantial chunk' of salary.

#justtryingtohelp ;)

Back