Which Footy Club Leads the Way in Social Issues?

Which Footy Club Leads The Way in Social Issues?

• Adelaide

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Essendon

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 57 28.9%
  • Port

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Richmond

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Sydney Swans

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • West Coast

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I dare say some clubs would have tried to sweep it under the carpet, even getting rid of the innocent party instead to alleviate the problem.

Do you think the brush action would be to the West if that occurred at another club?

Port are incredibly on the ball with work done in indigenous communities and it is undoubtedly at the forefront of the club's social justice initiatives.

We are also leading in swimming and/or ****.

I find it funny how people can think that the Carey/Stevens saga reflects poorly on the club. We sacked our greatest ever player, without hesitation, for sleeping around. I wonder how many other clubs would have done that? I dare say some clubs would have tried to sweep it under the carpet, even getting rid of the innocent party instead to alleviate the problem.

It speaks volumes for the culture of the north players at the time that Carey's act made it untenable for the team to continue on with him still at the club.

The club did nothing special in that case, Carey was the perpetrator so it wasn’t rocket science that he had to go. Once it got to the media that was that. If it could of been sorted out in house and not got to the media then make no mistake North like every club would of gone down that path.

The club did nothing special in that case, Carey was the perpetrator so it wasn’t rocket science that he had to go. Once it got to the media that was that. If it could of been sorted out in house and not got to the media then make no mistake North like every club would of gone down that path.

Carey was "the" perpetrator? My understanding is that he wasn't seen coming out of the bathroom alone.

lil... ol Nord is garnering most votes.. not bad for a back pocket suburb that drives small cars, utes, motorbikes, and even
walking with bikes..

close to the city, close to the hospitals, close to the working class of the history of the animal and drudgery of Melbourne...

good on ya... as well as tiding Tassie over with an every persistent club who don't forget their people... :)

Okay thanks Jeff.

Yeah puzzling, especially given their track record of ex champions going to jail (Shannon Grant, David Dench etc) and the most unsavoury scandal in VFL/AFL history, I hardly think North can be looked upon as pillars of the community

I am sorry, but the Carey/Stevens stuff still sticks on North's club and culture like glue.

lol

Port Adelaide does some fantastic work for indigenous kids at their academy. Doesnt get the acknowledgement it deserves.
We were great till our players all of a sudden decided to continuously find their way into the Media in recent years... some not exactly their fault, but nonetheless.

We were great till our players all of a sudden decided to continuously find their way into the Media in recent years... some not exactly their fault, but nonetheless.

Ports history with indigenous kids goes way back, its deep :thumbsu::thumbsu: ... not just about getting top level footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We sacked our greatest ever player, without hesitation, for sleeping around.
not exactly how it plays out, but dont worry about having rigour. The players were gonna side with the vice-captain, there was captain bligh mutiny bounty on errol street ship.

They had a revolt if duck does not go. The players made the choice. Or you could say, duck and kelly made the choice, once they had sewn the seed, the choice was made, the die was set, Captain Bligh's mutiny was set sail

say, what happens if it is someone like West and Cox, or cox and west

*multiple tortured metaphors [sic]

Back