Opinion Which free agent would you choose? Lycett v Dahlhaus v Murphy?

Which Free Agent would you like?

• Total voters

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Geelong has been rumoured to been linked to these 3 players. Just wondering if you had to choose 1 free agent to play for Geelong who would it be?

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah possibly. Interestingly Eagles fans don’t rate him at all which is a bit worrying as they’ve obviously seen him play a bit.

Oh really, that is a bit of a worry. I guess if we recruited him we'd hope he can develop and improve when he takes on more responsibility as the main man. But it certainly is a gamble, he may turn out to be a bust. Who knows, maybe we aren't even interested in him at all.....there could be another ruck in the pipeline?

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Tough call. Murphy is comfortably the best player, Lycett fills a need but I don’t rate him very highly, and Dahlhaus is a turnover merchant by foot but is in a nice age bracket and has some upside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dahlhaus turns it over a lot?

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
He’s a woeful kick hence why he handballs so often. At least he knows his limitations I guess.

Okay, I hadn't really noticed. Mind you, I haven't watched a lot of Dogs games the last couple of years. Sounds like he'd do okay in a forward pocket. He's a good pressure player and can kick a goal. I'm not sure he'd want to come here and play forward though..

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Gee I don't think his that bad? In turnovers?

Well I certainly didn't think he was that bad by foot, but I haven't seen a lot of him recently. Others have obviously seen enough to think he turns it over regularly. Personally, when I think of players who turn the ball over consistently, Dahlhaus doesn't come to mind.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Well I certainly didn't think he was that bad by foot, but I haven't seen a lot of him recently. Others have obviously seen enough to think he turns it over regularly. Personally, when I think of players who turn the ball over consistently, Dahlhaus doesn't come to mind.
Agree.. . But as much as I love Dangerfield but have to admit it he sprays slot of his kicks, it's the only thing that let's him down, so does that make him a turnover king?

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
We need a Ruckman and there aren't many Free agents Rucks out there. As Lycett may not be an A Grader, we may hope he turns into one as given the responsibility of been the number 1 ruck.
In Dahlhaus, I'd love him as he would be a good small forward we are looking for. His not having his best year as he does have apparently a knee injury...
It's very tough on who in my mind. But it's our Ruck we are lacking. So I may just choose Lycett. But the question will he be our answer to our ruck problem. I'm not sure...
But some how I think if we can get Zac Smith mind rite in him believing he can be our number 1 ruck then he can.. .

Mar 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Lycett. He's not an A grade ruckman as yet, but rucks usually take quite some time to develop, and he's better than anything we've got. Ruck is a huge hole for us, so he's miles ahead of the others in terms of filling a desperate need. His last wasn't a great game, I've seem him play better though. WC fans don't rate him as they're comparing him to Nicnat.
Dalhaus was great a couple of years ago, but has dropped off a cliff and doesn't fill a hole.
Murphy is just another ageing midfielder, with injury concerns, and doesn't fill a hole either.

Who else do you have in mind for us to target, if any?
Haven’t heard a name mentioned that excites me. I’d be pretty happy to take the father sons and a couple of other picks and keep rolling in 2019.

Aug 20, 2013
Okay, I hadn't really noticed. Mind you, I haven't watched a lot of Dogs games the last couple of years. Sounds like he'd do okay in a forward pocket. He's a good pressure player and can kick a goal. I'm not sure he'd want to come here and play forward though..

Round 14: 4 kicks, 11 handballs
Round 13: 6 kicks, 18 handballs
Round 12: Bye
Round 11: 6 kicks, 9 handballs
Round 10: 12 kicks, 12 handballs
Round 9: 9 kicks, 16 handballs
Round 8: 3 kicks, 13 handballs

I couldn’t be bothered going back any further but he handballs a lot for a reason.

Back