Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Free kick against walker for turning around to better attack the ball

Votes: 52 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

239492_73e692455db25c43cf9dac097e24054f.jpeg
image.jpg

What about the missed free kick. smith grabs it with 20 seconds to go, punches it into his chest with no one near him and when they grab him the umpire States no
Prior. If that's not the most biased decision (on top of the incorrect 15 MRT kicks last week v Saints). Obviously umps are so Hawks Biased ATM it's ridiculous
KARMA..... Got away with the free then the karma gods ruled over him. Even the umpires couldn't save him.

I think this thread is too specific to a couple of calls. What it should be is what was the worst call for the weekend, and nominations be put up by all supporters of any game. I seen one on Thursday night that had me baffled. I rewound it and watched it again and again, and I have no idea at all.

I think generally the ruck infringements are confusing, but I can usually see what happened. The ruck went over the midline is usually what they are on about. On Thursday night, I think it was in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, but Mason Cox goes up, and was no where near the other ruck, or over the midline, and the umpire blew his whistle. Cox was bewilded, but Mason usually lets it go fairly quickly, because he doesn't fully know yet, but it was bazaar. I would love to hear the explanation for that one.

Also, to ping Sharenberg beside the goal square with no prior opportunity and no chance to get it out was bad too. The ball hitting the post another. Daicos got smacked around the head in the pocket there one time, and there was a few others that were fairly bad on Thursday night.

It just made me shake my head, and say, nothing's changed. They reckon umpires only get 9% of calls wrong a game apparently, I think it is SO much more. I know why, and I know how it can be solved, but it is too radical apparently. One day they'll catch up.

Puopolo in the back today has to be one of the worst ever. To add insult, it should have been HTB and it cost a goal. "As bad a decision as you'll ever see in a game of footy" per Roos.
I just watched that on the AFL site....ha ha you have to laugh...If that's going to be the standard of umpiring this year, its going to be a bloody long season :(

What about the free against Omeara out of the centre for holding the ball? baffled Roos as well

What about Rioli getting dived on in front of goal no free.

They're both fine.

That free kick to Breust in front of goal was a howler over the weekend. He had a man on his hammer and a bouncing ball in front of him so he picked it up and dropped it as the man behind tackled him... shouldn't that be a free kick for incorrect disposal rather than tackling without the ball?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That free kick to Breust in front of goal was a howler over the weekend. He had a man on his hammer and a bouncing ball in front of him so he picked it up and dropped it as the man behind tackled him... shouldn't that be a free kick for incorrect disposal rather than tackling without the ball?

Incorrect disposal/dropping the ball does not exist anymore. Like throwing the ball unless it's absolutely blatant they will not pay them. Disgraceful.

Back