Opinion Which fringe players already on our list will have an impact in making us better in 2020?

Which fringe players will have an impact in making us better in 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Caleb Daniel 168cm
Jarryd Blair 172cm

(Both Premiership players)

John Noble 180cm

Not sure of your point naming two other small players, one of whom was derided his whole career.

I’m not writing Noble off but his size ( body mass not just height) is an issue. It will be interesting after a preseason in the gym. Given pace is his main asset there’s only so much you can do in the weights room without undermining his main weapon

If you added Beams, Langdon, Sier and Dunn (assuming fit and playing near potential) to our finals list this year, then we play GF. And possibly win GF.

If you added Beams, Langdon, Sier and Dunn (assuming fit and playing near potential) to our finals list this year, then we play GF. And possibly win GF.

Maybe, possibly, no, no.

Beams would have been useful. Massive upgrade on Brown for one thing.
Our defence bats deep and coped well without Langdon
Wills did the same role Sier did last year and just as well
Roughead has replaced Dunn.

Maybe, possibly, no, no.

Agreed Timmy, but Dunn releases Roughy/Darcy forward, Sier outshines Wills in effective disposal by hand greatly, Beams point already made by you and Langdon is an upgrade on Noble/Mayne

Not to mention DeGoey,who basically only played about two minutes in the finals series.

Maybe, possibly, no, no.

We have to stop romancing about Beams and him making a difference. He is so far off playing senior football for reasons we all know. Start investing time into better balanced midfielders like Sier, Wills etc they give us good defensive coverage particularly inside the contest. Unfortunately Dayne is a one way mid and we have plenty off them. Have a look at the Brisbane midfield now, everyone thought without Rockcliff/Beams they would struggle. There a better balanced team without them.

Roughead has replaced Dunn

Yeah bang on. To tease it out a bit Wills did even more bash and crash and his tackling was top tier.Sier showed more silk, but they both delivered the same in their different ways.

Rough head is not the leader Dunn was but he's quicker, taller, more versatile and just as reliable. I love Dunny but th ether bloke is better all told.

Caleb Daniel 168cm
Jarryd Blair 172cm

(Both Premiership players)

John Noble 180cm

His issue isn't his height, it's that he's a flyweight. Hopefully a full preseason and some specific guidance about dietary intake and he can add some bulk to his frame. At a minimum, you'd like to see him in the high 70 kgs.

Interesting thread.
Find the name players, Beams, Langdon not really my thinking of fringe players.
That aside be a fascinating watch of some of our stock.

Nathan Murphy is the one I’d hope reaches full ongoing fitness. Looks a very likely type.
I’d pick him as break out player this coming season.

Good fortune to Sier and Scharenberg. Hope they go gang busters for us.

Interesting thread.
Find the name players, Beams, Langdon not really my thinking of fringe players.
That aside be a fascinating watch of some of our stock.

Nathan Murphy is the one I’d hope reaches full ongoing fitness. Looks a very likely type.
I’d pick him as break out player this coming season.

Good fortune to Sier and Scharenberg. Hope they go gang busters for us.

To be fair the op specifically included injured players in his definition.

For me I agree it’s Murphy Sier and possibly Scharenberg if he stays we should looking to for immediate impact, along with T Brown and Quaynor to also make significant advances.

To be fair the op specifically included injured players in his definition.

For me I agree it’s Murphy Sier and possibly Scharenberg if he stays we should looking to for immediate impact, along with T Brown and Quaynor to also make significant advances.
Fair call re The injured.

Not in any way decrying impact of the injured, I was more focussing in the fringe types who have never been established.

Good thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one is going to agree with this (some even want him delisted) but Josh Daicos was coming off a 22 possession game against GC and had 11 disposals at quarter time against the Dee's before getting concussed in the 2nd Qtr , he was on his way to a breakout game and I'm backing him in to be top 22 by year end

DIILY30XkAAlDMS.jpg

No one is going to agree with this (some even want him delisted) but Josh Daicos was coming off a 22 possession game against GC and had 11 disposals at quarter time against the Dee's before getting concussed in the 2nd Qtr , he was on his way to a breakout game and I'm backing him in to be top 22 by year end

View attachment 767356

I've got him in the: one more step and he's a quality player. Along with Murphy, Broomehead, Noble, and Appleby camp.

Any of them might break in and make it as best 22.

The least funny guy in football, let alone comedy.
Well said.

Have never got the “humour” of Strachnie or whatever his character is called.

Granted Helier is a genuine Collingwood supporter, but he’s just not funny.

His character is so cringeworthy and adds to that stereo type bogan we can be projcected as.

Mostly, not funny.

Well said.

Have never got the “humour” of Strachnie or whatever his character is called.

Granted Helier is a genuine Collingwood supporter, but he’s just not funny.

His character is so cringeworthy and adds to that stereo type bogan we can be projcected as.

Mostly, not funny.

At best it was a 5 minute skit on a b-grade comedy show.

I feel for Josh Daicos. The son of one of the greatest Pies of all time. It's almost an impossible road to travel.

With Greenwood likely out for at least half the season the "biggest impact" will be the seventh defender (Howe Roughead Langdon, Maynard Moore Crisp being the locked 6). Quaynor and Noble the most likely as Murphy & Shaz couldn't play as a small, I would love to see both in best 22 as rebounding and lock down roles with Crisp released to a midfield rotation, it is a huge ask for both but Quaynor is a great size and Im very bullish on Noble ability.

Great unknown in T. Brown, would make for a great season seeing him and C. Brown fight for the same spot, but neither are going to IMPROVE us next year.

With Greenwood likely out for at least half the season the "biggest impact" will be the seventh defender (Howe Roughead Langdon, Maynard Moore Crisp being the locked 6). Quaynor and Noble the most likely as Murphy & Shaz couldn't play as a small, I would love to see both in best 22 as rebounding and lock down roles with Crisp released to a midfield rotation, it is a huge ask for both but Quaynor is a great size and Im very bullish on Noble ability.

Great unknown in T. Brown, would make for a great season seeing him and C. Brown fight for the same spot, but neither are going to IMPROVE us next year.

Tyler and Callum won't be Competing for the Same Spot as they are Different Types of Players

Back