Prediction Which Games Will We Win+Lose In 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes, it is a long-range forecast, what can go wrong?
Tipsters+Punters what are your qualified opinions on the wins and losses of this season's fixture?
At this stage it's a wildcard projection of course, but curious to see what the BF cabal think.

With the new free-flowing 6-6-6 game, an unknown or X-factor with many teams, especially the established running teams, it could let them off the leash, while others in the pack may get hammered.
Given Eagles form last season and their JLT displays together with the emerging youth and quality depth, it's hard not to believe they can give it a good shake up again in 2019 and go deep in finals, let alone a possible B2B.
But other teams have topped up and reset their gameplan.

What unknown or rogue team lies in ambush?
The GF rematch will be huge and feel the Pies might get one back, but then get done at Optus again. GWS might be an outside win. The Demons at Optus will certainly come fired up after their humiliating finals loss. Then there's their 2nd shot in Darwin?
The Crows are tipped to be hot this season, can we beat them in Adelaide, or the rematch at Optus.
Some think the Swans could slide. We get one shot at the Dons again, will we exact revenge or do they have the wood on us?.
Could we beat the Tigers again? They have a score to settle, so it's a big Rnd.22 at the MCG.

Then there are injuries (how many on injury list vs. teams we play at the time), the footy gods, lady luck and Willie Rioli magic!
We also have AhChee waiting in the wings to be unleashed as a secret surprise weapon???
(or not as the case may be).
I'll throw my hat in the ring, shoot myself in the foot and call it 17-5 minimum, and wait for the more informed to reveal some pretzel logic and root beer rationale?
(I know many would agree that I'll have to stop smoking my old boot laces?)

Predicted Losses - Pies-MCG, Crows-Adel, Demons-TIO, Dons-Optus, Tigers-MCG.
Other Potential Losses - Giants (Optus), Cats-Catbox, Port (Optus), Swans-SCG, Demons-Optus, Crows -Optus.

Last edited:
*1 - LIONS .... WIN
*2 - GWS ..... WIN
*3 - PIES........ WIN
*4 - FREO ...... WIN
*5 - POWER ... WIN
*6 - CATS ...... LOSS
*7 - SUNS ..... WIN
*8 - SAINTS ... WIN
*9 - DEMONS.. LOSS
*10 - CROWS.. LOSS
*11 - DOGS.... WIN
*12 - SWANS.. LOSS

*13 - BYE BYE...

*14 - DONS... WIN
*15 - HAWKS.. WIN
*16 - FREO ... WIN
*17 - PIES... WIN
*18 - DEMONS... LOSS
*19 - ROOS... WIN
*20 - BLUES.. WIN
*21 - CROWS.. WIN
*22 - TIGERS... LOSS
*23 - HAWKS ... WIN

16-6

*1 - LIONS .... WIN (13 pts)
*2 - GWS ..... WIN (21 pts)
*3 - PIES........ WIN (9 pts)
*4 - FREO ...... WIN (34 pts)
*5 - POWER ... WIN (31 pts)
*6 - CATS ...... LOSS (24 pts)
*7 - SUNS ..... WIN (57 pts)
*8 - SAINTS ... WIN (11 pts)
*9 - DEMONS.. WIN (2 pts)
*10 - CROWS.. LOSS (44 pts)
*11 - DOGS.... WIN (73 pts)
*12 - SWANS.. WIN (6 pts)

*13 - BYE BYE...

*14 - DONS... WIN (8 pts)
*15 - HAWKS.. LOSS (18 pts)
*16 - FREO ... WIN (15 pts)
*17 - PIES... WIN (23 pts)
*18 - DEMONS... DRAW (if it was in Melbounre Id back the Dees, but in Darwin there is no real advantage to them)
*19 - ROOS... WIN (11 pts)
*20 - BLUES.. WIN (35 pts)
*21 - CROWS.. WIN (26 pts)
*22 - TIGERS... LOSS (29 pts)
*23 - HAWKS ... WIN (10 pts)

17-1-4

We won’t lose a game for the next 17 years
rein in those horses sir...
Yeah all I see is wins, but realistically, if the Pies are both angry AND focused, they could beat us in round 3.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, a tough game to call, their revenge factor will be massive...new players, Beams, the big Texan Cox, the improved Degoey factor, their feral home crowd mob licking their GF wounds...
An exciting rematch, both teams probably at their strongest..

Last edited:
I have only really looked at the first month so far. If we won all except the Pies game I would be content. It is quite a tough first month imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really can't see us beating both the Swans and Cats away in the one year.
Two away games against strong sides...both tough gigs at their homes! Also with Cats we're coming off a home game against Port..With Swans just before the bye, it's a tough block of games leading up to Swans (Demons-H, Crows-A, Dogs-H)...but arguably both teams (Swans+Cats) may be past their peak, and we should by all rights improve on last season?

Last edited:
Two away games against strong sides...with Cats-G we're coming off a home game against Port..With Swans, just before the bye, it's a tough block of games leading up to Swans (Demons-H, Crows-A, Dogs-H)...but arguably both teams (Swans+Cats) are past their peak?
Here's hoping! On paper/form we should wreck Cats and Swans, but the SCG and Kardinya are just real hoodoo grounds for us.

We will beat Collingwood at the G'.Put money on it now!! Cant see us beating Geeling at their hovel.They tend to bully us down there.

*1 - LIONS .... WIN
*2 - GWS ..... WIN
*3 - PIES........ LOSS
*4 - FREO ...... WIN
*5 - POWER ... WIN
*6 - CATS ...... LOSS
*7 - SUNS ..... WIN
*8 - SAINTS ... WIN
*9 - DEMONS.. LOSS
*10 - CROWS.. LOSS
*11 - DOGS.... WIN
*12 - SWANS.. LOSS

*13 - BYE BYE...

*14 - DONS... WIN
*15 - HAWKS.. LOSS
*16 - FREO ... WIN
*17 - PIES... WIN
*18 - DEMONS... LOSS
*19 - ROOS... WIN
*20 - BLUES.. WIN
*21 - CROWS.. WIN
*22 - TIGERS... LOSS
*23 - HAWKS ... WIN

14-8, 6th

*1 - LIONS .... WIN
*2 - GWS ..... WIN
*3 - PIES........ LOSS
*4 - FREO ...... WIN
*5 - POWER ... WIN
*6 - CATS ...... LOSS
*7 - SUNS ..... WIN
*8 - SAINTS ... WIN
*9 - DEMONS.. LOSS
*10 - CROWS.. LOSS
*11 - DOGS.... WIN
*12 - SWANS.. LOSS

*13 - BYE BYE...

*14 - DONS... WIN
*15 - HAWKS.. LOSS
*16 - FREO ... WIN
*17 - PIES... WIN
*18 - DEMONS... LOSS
*19 - ROOS... WIN
*20 - BLUES.. WIN
*21 - CROWS.. WIN
*22 - TIGERS... LOSS
*23 - HAWKS ... WIN

14-8, 6th

C'mon now you don't really believe we will win a game do you?

When was our last game at the Cattery? I'm assuming our record there is trash. Don't think we will get up for that one.
2016 and you got smashed. You hardly play there as you're well aware. Your last win down at Geelong was in 2006.

The '' other come back ''

Write us off for that one I reckon. Our unbeaten Vic streak will grind to a halt. Probably more chance of winning at SCG with new rules.
Yeah tough as you have the Pies, Hawks and Tiges all at the G. You did knock off the Hawks in Melbourne last year, the first time since.......2006. Once you won that one the omens did look good for you.

Haven't beaten the Swannies in Sydney since 2007 ( ANZ ) and last win at the SCG was in 1999.

Wouldn't be surprised to see you guys start the season slow. If I had to pick I'd say no, but yeah I wouldn't be surprised. You will however imo be in the prelims at the very least regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back