Votes: 66 83.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
After voting to bring back the old style monogram on the Carlton guernsey, I now find myself torn on which one actually looks best.

I would like to start a poll to get a feel of which guernsey people would prefer, now that we have the benefit of having seen both style monograms for an extended period.

2016 image.jpg 2015
image.jpg

Geoff, we reverted to the old monogram in 2015. So technically everyone is voting for the old CFC.

Tell me, Adonis...

How did you feel the moment Dejan put that ball in?

Not a troll, quite interested...

Tell me, Adonis...

How did you feel the moment Dejan put that ball in?

Not a troll, quite interested...
I've always been a Liverpool fan so I jumped up off the couch much like the rest of my Liverpool-supporting family who were watching that morning.
I scored a Liverpool-Dortmund half-half scarf in the end so I was happy.
I've set out who I follow in the case of my European teams playing eachother.

Anyway, back to Carlton.. That football club we both like... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 1996 or when ever it was we chose to go all modern because modern, smooth and slick looking was the fashionable and popular thing. The way I see it, the old one/ones stood for nothing, never had success in them, only hardship, fines and spoons. A runners up is the best we could manage. I like how we have gone back to the bolder, more traditional monogram that we have had so much success in.

In 1996 or when ever it was we chose to go all modern because modern, smooth and slick looking was the fashionable and popular thing. The way I see it, the old one/ones stood for nothing, never had success in them, only hardship, fines and spoons. A runners up is the best we could manage. I like how we have gone back to the bolder, more traditional monogram that we have had so much success in.

So we revert back to an uglier monogram just because we happened to be wearing it when we were successful?
This is what I mean by nostalgizers.
Also we just won a spoon with our new old logo. Maybe we should re-design again?

So we revert back to an uglier monogram just because we happened to be wearing it when we were successful?
This is what I mean by nostalgizers.
Also we just won a spoon with our new old logo. Maybe we should re-design again?

I don't see it as uglier at all, quite the opposite. I see the other slick one as ugly, it was the fashionable thing at the time and has since gone out. The smooth, rounded, refined look IMO it's run its race. That can stay in the late 90's-2000's along with bleached, heavily gelled hair. Retro is more in now and the one we have now, to me, it just looks better, bolder. Guernseys that try to look "modern" are just ugly more often than not.

Last edited:
I don't see it as uglier at all, quite the opposite. I see the other slick one as ugly, it was the fashionable thing at the time and has since gone out. The smooth, rounded, refined look IMO it's run its race. That can stay in the late 90's-2000's along with bleached, heavily gelled hair. Retro is more in now and the one we have now, to me, it just looks better, bolder. Guernseys that try to look "modern" are just ugly more often than not.
I especially hated the 'Toshiba' jumper sponsorship era.

the old/new 'revised' logo is clunky and looks like mum's appliqué effort from 1978.
It has history and that can't be argued, but the more refined/stylized effort (that we still
see on the 'mens sana' badge) is nicer. I would've preferred they persisted with the stylized badge
version and let the likes of cripps and weito make it their own in the future.

Back