Which guernsey - new 2017 clash Guernsey post #152

Which guernsey do you prefer?

Votes: 13 16.5%

Votes: 66 83.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

murphy-livestrong-246.jpg
Lookin like Claremont out here

Grew up with the 'curved logo', and that's the one I prefer. Remember drawing the logo in the margins in primary school. Had a couple of Carlton fans as teachers that encouraged it too.

It still looks classy as *, and I appreciate the history we have with what we've got now, but personal preference is still the former. Probably a demographic thing, though given that we only used that logo for less then a generation it'd be hard to see us reverting back to it.

Just because something appears "modern" doesn't mean its the better option.

Modern art is rubbish, people used to paint images and landscapes and immerse works designed to stir real emotion and make you think. One article in the Age last week had some dude in a man bun, dressing up a mannequin to look like a dead child with a print out of Bill Shortens head next to it.

That last rant describes how I feel about the monogram we just got rid of.

Too young for any real memories in the old monogram, but I do associate it with all the footage I've seen of us winning flags, being dominant etc.
The modern one just felt like a smoother, cleaner version that had less character imo. Like someone took the old one and clicked a few buttons on photoshop that round out the edges to make it look nicer (which I don't like).
Though I also liked this monogram so maybe ignore my opinion.

download.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep the 3 teams we beat last year were quivering in their boots at the sight of the mighty CFC monogram.
Why are you taking it so personally? Did you design the curved one?
The current jumper is widely accepted as aesthetically and figuratively better than the comic sans curved one.
The curved one looks better only when placed in the wreath.

Why are you taking it so personally? Did you design the curved one?

Because we had the best jumper in the league and chucked it for no reason.
The new generation could have taken the jumper and righted the wrongs of the past and brought some pride to the jumper but instead we just changed it as a cheap stunt to sell more jumpers.

The current jumper is widely accepted as aesthetically and figuratively better than the comic sans curved one.
The curved one looks better only when placed in the wreath.

I will accept that the symbolism behind the old logo is more powerful due to the club's history but there is not a chance that it is 'widely accepted' that the old logo is aesthetically better. Would love a poll of people with no connection to the AFL and just judging the logo's on a purely aesthetic basis.

If anything we should have kept this one. It is what the old/current one was always meant to be before technology allowed for it to grace the guernsey.
images

My issue is with the redesigned 'curved' version of this. Happy for it to be in the wreath but on the jumper it looks weak.
images

Still think we did the right thing reverting to a clean/uniform version of the heritage monogram.
upload_2016-6-8_9-33-13.jpeg
images

I think it's perfect.

Why are we even going back to this discussion? Has something changed.

I like the current logo and not because of any silly tradition.
I like it because it's angry, tough, determined......................but it has to be raised and not just flat printed.
The other one is flaccid, insipid....................and nice. Yuck!!

Still think the current logo can be improved though. I have the designs. :)

Post them then.

Why are we even going back to this discussion? Has something changed.

I like the current logo and not because of any silly tradition.
I like it because it's angry, tough, determined......................but it has to be raised and not just flat printed.
The other one is flaccid, insipid....................and nice. Yuck!!

Still think the current logo can be improved though. I have the designs. :)
This is why we are going back to this discussion, because the current guernsey is not perfect yet!

I think the current monogram is a bit too big or something?

You youngins are good wit technology, download some games onto ur vhs player or something?! N good for u being a bagger thru our shittest times :)
VHS... vaguely remember having to rewind the tape every time I borrowed one from the video rental store.

Back