Opinion Which H/A loss under Hinkley has been the most embarassing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Same as 2017. Top 4 up for grabs and the Crows violate us by a similar margin.
Yep in 2017 it was a Rd 20 game and if we won we wouldn't have gone to 4th at the end of the Rd but we had an easy draw after this game and we won all 3. I we won the showdown even by a point and then the next 3 stayed the same results we would have been 3rd on percentage - by a big margin - at the end of Rd 23.

Schlez

Team Captain
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tonight would have to be up there. Your closest threat loses by over 10 goals. Your destiny is in your hands, and again you fail to live up to the expectation. This was a perfect opportunity and we couldn't have ducked it up any better.

I can't believe people were hanging their hats on our last two wins against teams who didn't apply any defensive pressure.

sobrave

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

• Sydney 2015, the Farris Bowl. The reheated corpse of Jarrad Redden replaces John Butcher because reasons. Port gets laughed out of its own building.
Why are these old campaigners still strutting around? Oh god the game's about to start hurry up.

Oh for God's sake why are they still there

GET THEM OFF THE ******* GROUND THE GAME IS LITERALLY STARTING

Pappagallo

Co(m)poster
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep in 2017 it was a Rd 20 game and if we won we wouldn't have gone to 4th at the end of the Rd but we had an easy draw after this game and we won all 3. I we won the showdown even by a point and then the next 3 stayed the same results we would have been 3rd on percentage - by a big margin - at the end of Rd 23.
The one thing that we’ve done consistently during Hinkley’s reign is pretend that we’re not home when opportunity knocks.

tribey

5 Wins In-A-Row Certificate Recipients '13/'14/'18
Mar 9, 2003
Queen St & Peter Rd
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, YES.
Why are these old campaigners still strutting around? Oh god the game's about to start hurry up.

Oh for God's sake why are they still there

GET THEM OFF THE ******* GROUND THE GAME IS LITERALLY STARTING
The feeling around me as he strode on was that Koch had lost his mind, or was attempting to make some weird announcement to halt the game or something.

Then the audio kicked in. Bizarre.

sobrave

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The feeling around me as he strode on was that Koch had lost his mind, or was attempting to make some weird announcement to halt the game or something.

It's burned into my memory one of them holding up the scarf looking around in the goal square as the umpire bounces the ball in the middle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sobrave

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
42° south
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The best win was definitely round 1 this year against powerhouse Melbourne at the G.
Just another brainfart from this intellectual powerhouse that is our coach

No reflection of, boy that was easier than expected, maybe Melbourne aren't the premiership favorites everyone expected?

Nah Ken, you're just that ******* good

Doctor Feel

s**tposter In Chief
Mar 30, 2009
#BringBackTheBars
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Lol dude. It was the president of a football club standing on the oval singing NTUA with old blokes as the ball was bounced in the middle.

Absolutely bizarre. It was as much daggy dad as it was megalomania. Full blown felt my intestines turn into snakes from the cringe I was witnessing.

Portology

Cheap, fast, safe: pick two, or juggle three.
Sep 27, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United, Barcelona
This is the first time I've ever considered "seeya later bigfooty, I'll be back when Ken is gone".

So I guess this latest embarrassing performance wins. For now.

ploppy

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tonight’s game was the most embarrassing in the history of port. We had everything to play for they had nothing. We’re playing for a spot in the finals against the 13 th team who couldn’t score 2 goals last week. We should have crushed them or at least fought them the whole way. To roll over and let them rape us by 100 points is a disgrace. Someone should have made a stand but no one did...Ken allowed that to happen ....

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Carlton and Brisbane in 2015. We'd just negotiated a difficult start to the season pretty well and then pi**ed away what should have been easy, percentage boosting wins.

By 2017 the expectation had gone so at this stage it's hard to get embarassed. It happens all the time.

GremioPower

"You Are Not Port Adelaide"
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD (USA)]
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Clev. Indians
I shouldn't, but I'm laughing reading this thread. Oh, my...

What an epic sh*tshow!

We have brought this upon us at the moment we first tried to dodge the embarrassment. Now, it has become ingrained habit.

Just burn it to the ground. We cannot trust anyone who have stayed here for more than two seasons. They are probably contaminated.

Last edited:

Top Bottom