Opinion Which H/A loss under Hinkley has been the most embarassing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Same as 2017. Top 4 up for grabs and the Crows violate us by a similar margin.
Yep in 2017 it was a Rd 20 game and if we won we wouldn't have gone to 4th at the end of the Rd but we had an easy draw after this game and we won all 3. I we won the showdown even by a point and then the next 3 stayed the same results we would have been 3rd on percentage - by a big margin - at the end of Rd 23.

2016 had a couple of beauties.

Sweet Caroline in Sydney

Nosheadamus handballing to his future Carlton teammates

Oh and how could I forget the 86 point thumping at the hands of GWS, so glad I made the 12 hour round trip from Melbourne for that complete shemozzle. As if Canberra didn’t already suck enough.

Tonight would have to be up there. Your closest threat loses by over 10 goals. Your destiny is in your hands, and again you fail to live up to the expectation. This was a perfect opportunity and we couldn't have ducked it up any better.

I can't believe people were hanging their hats on our last two wins against teams who didn't apply any defensive pressure.

• Sydney 2015, the Farris Bowl. The reheated corpse of Jarrad Redden replaces John Butcher because reasons. Port gets laughed out of its own building.

Why are these old campaigners still strutting around? Oh god the game's about to start hurry up.

Oh for God's sake why are they still there

GET THEM OFF THE ******* GROUND THE GAME IS LITERALLY STARTING

Yep in 2017 it was a Rd 20 game and if we won we wouldn't have gone to 4th at the end of the Rd but we had an easy draw after this game and we won all 3. I we won the showdown even by a point and then the next 3 stayed the same results we would have been 3rd on percentage - by a big margin - at the end of Rd 23.

The one thing that we’ve done consistently during Hinkley’s reign is pretend that we’re not home when opportunity knocks.

Why are these old campaigners still strutting around? Oh god the game's about to start hurry up.

Oh for God's sake why are they still there

GET THEM OFF THE ******* GROUND THE GAME IS LITERALLY STARTING

The feeling around me as he strode on was that Koch had lost his mind, or was attempting to make some weird announcement to halt the game or something.

Then the audio kicked in. Bizarre.

The feeling around me as he strode on was that Koch had lost his mind, or was attempting to make some weird announcement to halt the game or something.

It's burned into my memory one of them holding up the scarf looking around in the goal square as the umpire bounces the ball in the middle

The best win was definitely round 1 this year against powerhouse Melbourne at the G.
Just another brainfart from this intellectual powerhouse that is our coach

No reflection of, boy that was easier than expected, maybe Melbourne aren't the premiership favorites everyone expected?

Nah Ken, you're just that ******* good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best win was definitely round 1 this year against powerhouse Melbourne at the G.
I like how he immediately doubled downed on this by adding "Including finals."

What a bellend.

Last edited:

Lol dude. It was the president of a football club standing on the oval singing NTUA with old blokes as the ball was bounced in the middle.

Absolutely bizarre. It was as much daggy dad as it was megalomania. Full blown felt my intestines turn into snakes from the cringe I was witnessing.

I like how he immediately doubled downed on this by adding "Including finals."

What a bellend.

> rates the round 1 Melbourne win as the best hes been involved with including finals
> 80 point loss to a binfire like the Kangaroos "don't get carried away m8"

This is the first time I've ever considered "seeya later bigfooty, I'll be back when Ken is gone".

So I guess this latest embarrassing performance wins. For now.

Tonight’s game was the most embarrassing in the history of port. We had everything to play for they had nothing. We’re playing for a spot in the finals against the 13 th team who couldn’t score 2 goals last week. We should have crushed them or at least fought them the whole way. To roll over and let them rape us by 100 points is a disgrace. Someone should have made a stand but no one did...Ken allowed that to happen ....

Carlton and Brisbane in 2015. We'd just negotiated a difficult start to the season pretty well and then pissed away what should have been easy, percentage boosting wins.

By 2017 the expectation had gone so at this stage it's hard to get embarassed. It happens all the time.

I shouldn't, but I'm laughing reading this thread. Oh, my...

What an epic sh*tshow!

We have brought this upon us at the moment we first tried to dodge the embarrassment. Now, it has become ingrained habit.

Just burn it to the ground. We cannot trust anyone who have stayed here for more than two seasons. They are probably contaminated.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back