Opinion Which Hawthorn players are set for a breakout season in 2022?

Which players are set for a breakout season in 2022?

• Will Day

Votes: 58 47.9%
  • Mitchell Lewis

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Ned Reeves

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Emerson Jeka

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Josh Morris

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Conor Nash

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • Max Lynch

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 15 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Day leading on 52.4%
Everyone else totalling 163%

:think:

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know Kosi had a decent season this year, but I think he's ready to go to another level, especially with Gunston there to help out.

I agree he can go to another level. Has amazing athletic tools.

I am hopeful one of Day or CJ (or both) can take their skills to the midfield and develop there. One or more of our talented half backs developing into damaging midfielders is the most important development challenge for the club.

RoughysMullet

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 8, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will Day if he is able to stay fit and get a full season in- durability is the concern with his light frame…
Reeves the other one if he is able to build up his tank and ruck for a full season..
Rest of the options are very speculative IMO… not sure you can be fully confident in any of them at this stage…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Day if he is able to stay fit and get a full season in- durability is the concern with his light frame…
Reeves the other one if he is able to build up his tank and ruck for a full season..
Rest of the options are very speculative IMO… not sure you can be fully confident in any of them at this stage…
Is that really an issue though?

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I reckon Mitch Lewis might go allright next year.

If he gets a clear run with injury (and stays away from the 🥊) I feel he could surprise with his performances

He is a big unit and often those big Lumos of lads need a bit of time to develop (like Hawkins) so this could be his year it all clicks.

becalm

Club Legend
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kosi probably had a breakout season in 2021 but he is my selection for a further breakout season in 2022.
He only has to stay fit and the sky is the limit.
Fionn is one to watch also.

Kosi probably had a breakout season in 2021 but he is my selection for a further breakout season in 2022.
He only has to stay fit and the sky is the limit.
Fionn is one to watch also.
Fionn will probably spend a fair chunk of 2022 getting up to speed with the game at VFL level. He has a lot to learn, and unlike Nash, can’t spend time in a development league learning against younger bodies.

Didn't vote Day as he's already a star in my eyes.

Would like to see Jeka have a breakout year, Mitch has coached him and seen what he brings to the table. I think that'll give him the best chance to make it and be used in a way that utilises his strengths.

Reeves and Lynch both have a great opportunity to have a breakout season.

Nash has found a position and I think given a chance, he'll make it his own. A solid preseason in the midfield group will be hugely beneficial to his development.

Also voted for Finn, not convinced on him but hopeful he'll excel under Mitch and co.

toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Hoping DGB & Day can have a good run with injuries this year.

That's the only worry for both of these guys, they're supremely talented, but just not there in the body strength department to avoid getting hurt badly enough to lose weeks. The upside to that is that if the weight goes onto their frames right, the added strength will allow them to become even better players.

Back