Opinion Which/How Many Western Bulldogs players make the AA team?

How many players make the AA team from the WB?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 8.5%

Votes: 46 78.0%

Votes: 6 10.2%

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 5+

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Griffiins a certainty and I would have Libba in the team ahead Minson, but Libba's no chance for some reason. Minson's been great in the hitouts area but is still pretty useless around the ground.

AA squad: Griff (probably will be put in the forward line :rolleyes:) and Minno (ruck :cool:)
AA nomination: Libba (deserves it but honestly the AFL want give him it :mad::()

No chance. He's still just a good player and has not been consistently in our best five, let alone among the BoG. Struggled with the tag for half the season and some posters were even suggesting he be given a few games at Willi.

We need to remember that there are only 22 players chosen as AA from the 18 clubs. That's an average of 1.2 players per club (and about 2.2 from each club to make the squad of 40). One player in the AA and two in the squad would be about par (or slightly above) for a team finishing in the bottom four. Two AA players would be punching way above our weight. Three AAs would be miraculous.

It's nice to see us all talking up our best players though.

Squad of 40 imo
GWS: Cameron
Melb: No one
Stk: Riewoldt
WB: Griffen Minson
GCS: Ablett Thompson
BL: Leuenberger Hanley
NM: Goldstein Thompson Thomas
Carl: No one
WCE: Priddis Kennedy
Adel: Dangerfield
PA: Wingard Cornes Boak
Ess: Watson Goddard Hibberd
Rich: Riewoldt Houli Rance
Coll: Swan Pendlebury Cloke Shaw
Freo: Barlow Johnson
Syd: McVeigh Jack Malceski
Geel: Selwood Taylor Enright Stevie J
Haw: Hodge Roughead Mitchell Gibson

I had about 46 in at 1st then I had to cut Montagna, Libba, Masten, Martin, Mayne & Motlop
I don't rate Hannebery or Fyfe at all by the way. I reckon Hannebery can't handle a tag & Fyfe doesn't get enough of it but when he does he turns it over as he doesn't look up.

My AA Side is
B: C Enright S Thompson M Hibberd
HB: J McVeigh H Taylor L Hodge
C: R Griffen S Pendlebury D Swan
HF: Stevie J N Riewoldt C Wingard
F: J Kennedy J Roughead L Thomas
Foll: W Minson G Ablett K Jack
Int P Dangerfield N Malceski J Selwood M Barlow

Apologies to Richmond I couldn't find any AAs there but If Jack Riewoldt gets his kicking boots on he could knock off Kennedy. Michael Johnson was stiff but Taylor is just ahead of him. Scott Thompson is just ahead of Rance & Rory Thompson. I feel Hibberd has been 1 of the most consistent smalls/mediums down back so he gets in. Hodge has been a driving force for Hawthorn this year across HB/midfield so he gets onto the field ahead of Malceski with Houli & Shaw missing out there.

The key forwards were hard to pick from but based on his gut busting performances this year you gotta give Nick Riewoldt CHF. Cameron unlucky here same with Cloke & Jack Riewoldt. Wingard & Thomas as the small forwards stand out by an absolute mile. The midfield is self explanatory you got to have these guys in the side imo & I had to squeeze Stevie J in at HF instead. Watson is unlucky but his injury has put him back in the pecking order I feel & Travis Boak unlucky too but there's too many leadership types in the team before him (Selwood Ablett Jack Hodge).

Rucks a no contest with Minson if Leuenberger had himself fit earlier in the year then he'd be pusking Mino. Goldstein meh spuds it up once a month or so he was poor yesterday too.

I can't see any way Griffen or Minson don't make the team, so I'm going to say two.

Libba will be the other to make the squad of 40 but there is too many midfielders in front of him to make the 22.

+1

Back