Which inventive way will the AFL deny us pick 1?

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Those irresponsible people in Vic not quarantining when required will cUse the season to be cancelled, and in will come the lottery.

Pick 19 - Adelaide
We will find out Monday or Tuesday if covid off and running in queen'sland. If it is, no hub in queen'sland and nsw not far away.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
They won’t deny a 0-17 team pick 1.
The optics of us currently not even sanfl standard would be very worrying to the AFL. If anything they will ensure we not only receive pick 1 but also pick 2 for Crouch. We are currently helping to devalue the whole comp. The AFL may be clueless at times but they value money especially during a pandemic. I can guarantee you they would be looking at the clueless fools running our club and looking at ways to force them out very soon.

Last edited:

TheGeneralmeg

Senior List
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
They've said they won't do a lottery this season, too many clubs are against it

But this is the AFL
Might be worth your scouts watching the Broadbeach Qafl games there are a couple of players with AFL traits who towelled up my team yesterday

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide
The optics of us currently not even sanfl standard would be very worrying to the AFL. If anything they will ensure we not only receive pick 1 but also pick 2 for Crouch. We are currently helping to devalue the whole comp. The AFL may be clueless at times but they value money especially during a pandemic. I can guarantee you they would be looking at the clueless fools running our club and looking at ways to force them out very soon.
Yep, would think the AFL would be very concerned, especially from a club that traditionally fills stadiums and has a waitlist for its 11 game members.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
To punish you for North Melbourne tanking?
Norf tanking by dropping Polec and Brown

Adelaide "hold my beer".

Draft lottery is a genuine concern. No TAC Cup and the AFL need an event to appease the broadcasters.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Schulzycrow

Footy never ends.
Apr 18, 2010
Land of Procrastination
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
If we lose all our remaining games which seems likely we should ask for a priority pick. We are going to suck as much next season if we retain the same coaching and off-field structure.

Could see the AFL investigate us for tanking if we don't win a game all season.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
We brought our own lube. 😊
lube-gun-jpg.919466

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
They won’t deny us, well forfeit the pick as we will back our own structure to get the job done without pick 1
We’ll pick swap our first for 2 around 10-18 and chose a ruck that can’t jump and a 170 cm mid with 3.2Sec 20m sprint.
both come from nice families in Tasmania.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Amongst the club's worst supporters are the weird paranoid conspiracy theorists that want pick one more than the next premiership.

.. this is the dumbest post I've read on this forum in a quite a while.

We want pick #1 BECAUASE it will help get us the next premiership.

It's not like we've got a choice between the two this year.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Obviously an investigation into the camp will lead to us being stripped of the next 2 years worth of draft picks
Ah yes but you forget our negotiating powers. We will negotiate it by offering our own sanctions. That way we go from 2 years of draft sanctions to 4 years, on the understanding that we will also re-hire Burton because we think he was harshly dealt with and everyone makes mistakes. Don't forget that Burton is going to be known as an exceptional Head of Footy once it is all finished.

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
We will be allocated Pick #1, but it will be a restricted pick that must be used on a mature age player no younger than 31 years who has not been on an AFL list for at least 5 years, or it can be traded as an unrestricted pick to any expansion or Vic club.

Back