Which inventive way will the AFL deny us pick 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll still get pick 1

But they'll raise the draft age to 19 as its unfair on all the kids hitting 18 this year as they couldnt showcase what theyve got

So in effect. its pick 66 of the 2019 draft.

COVID will take over the country and the season will be cancelled with no result. Draft picks therefore will be based on a COVID affected criteria with Collingwood receiving draft 1, followed by Richmond, Hawthorn etc.

My Port mate keeps hoping the draft will be cancelled and lists will stay the same for next year.

I've heard rumours of a draft lottery, but surely the AFL can't just spring that on teams, it has to be programmed for future years with advanced notice given.

The optics of us currently not even sanfl standard would be very worrying to the AFL. If anything they will ensure we not only receive pick 1 but also pick 2 for Crouch. We are currently helping to devalue the whole comp. The AFL may be clueless at times but they value money especially during a pandemic. I can guarantee you they would be looking at the clueless fools running our club and looking at ways to force them out very soon.

We can only hope so. The pessimist in me is saying that the AFL may be sitting back laughing at us and let it go for another couple of years first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back