Which is the better flake?

Which is the better flake from the fish n chip shop?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A Mars Bar just seems like such a bizarre thing to deep fry

They do taste really good

When I was in Ottawa (Canada) I went to a diner with that as an option. To add to the chocolate fix I also had a chocolate milkshake with brownie pieces

Just a small sugar hit

Lightly batted , seasoned.
Some 🍋 lemon juice.

Heart Smile GIF by Shark Week

A Mars Bar just seems like such a bizarre thing to deep fry

Any sort of deep fried chocolate is pretty good if chocolate is your thing. Really brings out the flavour of the cocoa. Battered little coconut roughs are awesome.

It took off on the word of mouth from Joan Collins the actor. It was fished to almost extinction in a very short time frame.

Thankfully the Snapper ban has stopped that going the same way

While we are at it - what other stuff on the FNC menu do folks here go for?

I love a battered kabana. Pumpkin cakes (instead of potato) are surprisingly good. Used to love pineapple fritters but it has been a while.
I always get the fisherman's basket at my local. 1 piece of flake, 3 prawns, 3 scallops, 3 calamari rings and chips. $25.
IMG20231020183742.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Accidently clicked grilled but definitely fried.

Whilst I like chips can swap them out for salad.
I sometimes swap the chips out for potato cakes.
One of the shittiest chocolate bars of all time.

Yes it's delicious. But too messy it can * right off
That's why you deep fry it.

Corn Jacks!

That was what I was trying to think of the other day when I was trolling Interloper about battered savs

i've never had one. decided to look them up after your post and apparently they have animal product in them, my vegetarian (semi-pescatarian...) wife who loves them will never eat them again. potato cakes it is.

Back