Which list would you most want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I did a similar thread to this a few years ago

but in that instance it was which list would you least want.

I considered doing a similar thread to that, but then I realised we would learn nothing as everyone would pick either West Coast or North Melbourne, or the vast majority of people would.

So unusual for me, I picked the more positive option and decided to ask if you could swap your list with any squad currently in the competition which squad would you pick?

Now of course you can pick for the future, the list you think will be the best in 2 or 3 years time, or you can pick the list that you think is going to win the flag in 2024, so going for immediate success.

So, if you could swap your list with any club what list are you picking?

Also hopefully people don't just vote for their own club here, as it is less fun that way, and I am thinking of one club in particular whose fans might do that.

For me I am going with Gold Coast.

I know they have been predicted to move up the ladder for ages now, but I look at their list and their midfield has the potential to be amazing, their forward line is pretty good, as is their defence and importantly other than Witts, most of their top contributors are young.

With King back in the side this year it really would not surprise me if by 2026, maybe even 2025 they are going to be in premiership contention.

If Sydney had Gold Coast's list I would be pretty damn pleased and think my club had a lot to work with.

North and Freo.

I have a feeling North will be a powerhouse in the future when those high draft picks mature.

Freo are on the way up now and have great young talent. The midfield especially will be beastly.

There are a few teams with nice lists that need just a few pieces: gc, crom, and to a lesser extent fre and north.

But right now, if I had to swap a list with gws to win a flag for this season …. Brisbane

Most people just voting their own team 🙄
Not me
Too many holes :p

Lions the obvious one, but ill go freo
Ripping ruck/ruck fwd combo with darcy and jackson
Amiss reminds me of a young lloyd
Brayshaw, serong, young as onball contigent plus erasmus, johnson, odriscoll and sharp.

Bit of a shame schultz left as i was a big fan

There are a few teams with nice lists that need just a few pieces: gc, crom, and to a lesser extent fre and north.

But right now, if I had to swap a list with gws to win a flag for this season …. Brisbane
North need an entire backline.
And a ruck
And a 2nd key fwd to support larkey.

Good mid and small/med fwd depth though.

If freo had a sam Taylor on the list, i reckon they'd shoot into top 6 contention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And a ruck

If freo had a sam Taylor on the list, i reckon they'd shoot into top 6 contention.
I think Freos back line is pretty solid, as are their forwards, they need some potency up forward to join Amiss.
Logan McDonald and a decent pressure forward.

I think Freos back line is pretty solid, as are their forwards, they need some potency up forward to join Amiss.
Logan McDonald and a decent pressure forward.
Jackson/Amiss when Darcy is in ruck is decent for this year.
if they can land McDonald without losing too much, i reckon that list is primed for a run at some flags.

And a ruck

Not entirely true.

We drafted multiple defensive players in the last 2 drafts. Just need some time.

We also took one of the best rucks in the draft in probably the best year for rucks in 5-6 years.

Also disagree with the last point, club is clearly building a fleet of dynamic medium forwards around Larkey, rather than a second tall. Collingwood just won a flag with Mihocek and Cox/Frampton.

I don't think scoring power is going to be a problem in 2-3 years personally.

Some just need some time.

Last edited:
Their list stinks too.

Contender for worst list to have. I reckon they believe their players have drunk from the fountain of youth 🤣 What’s Tom Hawkins 50 years old this year and going on 200kg?
Bit rich coming from a Tigers fan given the shoddy state your ex coach left your list

Ok noted

If we are talking about the here and now and not most promising list, I can't help but feel Melb has the best list
Interesting, Fowardline is lacking and haven't fired a shot in finals for two seasons. Oliver casts a shadow over the whole team now.

I'm still hopeful that our list will really turn into something special. I think the emergence of Amiss is really going to add a lot in a few years. A gun small forward in the next draft should finish off the forward line.

If I had to take another team for next season then I think the Lions will win the flag so I pick them.

Back