Which of our senior players is getting married?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on with the media? Even when West Coast were literally imploding with the drugs thing they never had to deal with this bullshit from the media

What's going on with the media? Even when West Coast were literally imploding with the drugs thing they never had to deal with this bullshit from the media

They had to deal with it a bit, but the biggest difference is winning - they won plenty during that time. Everybody loves a winner.

The people that publish this s**t are bottom feeding scum - and they know it too, but they can't resist the eyballs that follow the trash. It's the way of popular (new) media unfortunately.

Best friends when you're up, and they'll kick you when you're down.

Unfortunately the extremes are what gets eyeballs - everyone loves a good underdog story (WB/NM this year), a good champion story (Hawks/Sydney), and a good drama/villain story (Essendon/Freo/Brisbane). We're just another trope.

On the bright side - if we turn it around next year, everyone will write about how they knew all along we had a good core, how we're exciting to watch, how Ross has turned the corner when he started playing youth, how last year was an aberration. It'll all be forgotten and all the media types will be patting themselves on the back.

Media in this country have a lot to answer for, football media is an industry all unto itself, all looking to outdo the next, nothing more than gossip mongering!

I can guarantee you that it wasn't Suban's wedding. My sister was there, and she said there were only a dozen or so Freo players present. I don't know how many of you guys have planned a wedding before, but rarely is there room to invite 45 teammates and their partners.

At the end of the day - as long as they can play and respect each other, who gives a flying *?

McLeod and Edwards spring to mind. AFL is riddled with stories of coaches/teammates that didn't get on, but were professional enough to look beyond those differences and play/coach to the best of their ability

I reckon it was Suban's. The timeframe fits.

Speaking of Suban's wedding, it means he's now linked to my old school...

ImperialPurple, does Suban now rank an honourable mention in our list of Old Saints who played in the AFL?

Suban got married last off-season to an ex-ASC girl, this is correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance we could merge all these types of threads in to one called something like "The Stupid F'in Rumours Board"
I'm actually thinking we need to given their prevalence lately. I don't like giving oxygen to every hysterical rumour that pops up but it might be handy to confine them all to one thread. The problem is that such a thread becomes a lightning rod for trolling...

At the end of the day - as long as they can play and respect each other, who gives a flying ****?

McLeod and Edwards spring to mind. AFL is riddled with stories of coaches/teammates that didn't get on, but were professional enough to look beyond those differences and play/coach to the best of their ability

Bell and Connolly?

I'm actually thinking we need to given their prevalence lately. I don't like giving oxygen to every hysterical rumour that pops up but it might be handy to confine them all to one thread. The problem is that such a thread becomes a lightning rod for trolling...

Not if you call it the stupid ******* rumours thread ;) it's very clear

Why aren't the media asking about that?
One of the prime story supporters in Robbo is a big Essendon fan.

He should be jumping on the AFL for rewarding a club with pick #1 after their players were banned for a club wide doping program. But apparently they have taken their wack already.

If you allow/create such a thread it like we are endorsing such discussions. I'll rather you just kill these threads on sight.

I'm quite mad you haven't lock up this ridiculous thread yet. You are lucky I'm already married, or else I am so not inviting you for the wedding

not many people would invite everyone they work with to their wedding.
most people would even have to draw the line somewhere in their broad circle of friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back