Prediction Which of our youngsters will end up being the best?

Which of our youngsters will end up being the best?

• Dom Sheed

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Malcolm Karpany

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Willie Rioli

Votes: 38 17.8%
  • Francis Watson

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Tom Barrass

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Jackson Nelson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Ryan

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Liam Duggan

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • Luke Partington

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Kurt Mutimer

• Tom Cole

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Matthew Allen

• Hamish Brayshaw

• Josh Rotham

• Jake Waterman

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Daniel Venables

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • Brayden Ainsworth

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Jarrod Brander

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Oscar Allen

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • Jack Petruccelle

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Encouraging signs for Jakey Waterman. Finished well today after starting across HB. I think he's going to need to be a swingman, same as Allen, if he's too get a regular gig in the short term.

Encouraging signs for Jakey Waterman. Finished well today after starting across HB. I think he's going to need to be a swingman, same as Allen, if he's too get a regular gig in the short term.
I think Waterman is a better 3rd forward than Allen at the moment and especially when Natanui comes back. He's really works hard up and down the wings to provide an option, where as I see Allen getting in Darling and Kennedy's space a bit too much.

I'm wondering whether Duggan ever makes the permanent move to the midfield with a more ageing midfield team and if he can shine in a more outside role.
Shuperman (29), Redden (28), Hutchings (28) are tremendous players but are getting to that age where we start looking at long term replacements.

Sheed provides the Kerr-esque handballs, extraction and class in tight situations.
Yeo is the contested beast who wins it from impossible situations
Venables is the big unknown and if he can utilise that core strength and speed to accumulate more of the ball.
Gaff is a lock for a wing for another 5 years ala Embley.

Duggan would be free to utilise his poise and skills on the outside; but is just as tough on the inside. One knock on him is his lack of ability to break through tackles. Has improved the body each year, but even with his rig doesn't seem to be able to get the hands free.

I don't see Ainsworth making the mark despite his willingness to get dirty. Brayshaw will struggle to crack the midfield. Foley and XON are still unknowns.
Matty Allen is a possibility? Same as Sneeze (Ah Chee)

I’ll say Petrol, as my son has a one off footy card of him, that he got when we went to the AFL draft in Sydney. Hopefully that helps pay for his 1st car in 4 years time

Back