Prediction Which of our youngsters will end up being the best?

Which of our youngsters will end up being the best?

• Dom Sheed

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Malcolm Karpany

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Willie Rioli

Votes: 38 17.8%
  • Francis Watson

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Tom Barrass

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Jackson Nelson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Ryan

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Liam Duggan

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • Luke Partington

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Kurt Mutimer

• Tom Cole

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Matthew Allen

• Hamish Brayshaw

• Josh Rotham

• Jake Waterman

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Daniel Venables

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • Brayden Ainsworth

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Jarrod Brander

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Oscar Allen

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • Jack Petruccelle

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone see hawks game today? Worpel looking like a he will be a gun, i called it before the draft, he looked like destined to be a star of the game back then and he's starting to show it in the afl. We should have picked him over Petrucelle or Ainsworth.
I'm happy with the Petruccelle pick as there is a point of difference there.

Worpel absolutely should have been taken over Ainsworth. Seems like an upgrade on him in every way.

Stats comparisons for Worpel and Ainsworth from 2017 Under 18's national championships.

James Worpel (Vic Country): Acquitted himself brilliantly as a bottom-ager last year then backed it up in 2017 as Vic Country co-captain. As his side produced an inconsistent campaign, Worpel was the opposite, consistently racking up the numbers to finish with averages of 19.8 disposals, 9.5 contested possessions, 8.3 tackles and four clearances. While his inside game has always been on-point, Worpel has added muscle to his frame over the past 12 months while his outside game is significantly better. Ready to play AFL footy now.

Brayden Ainsworth (Western Australia): Another top-ager making the most of another chance. Ainsworth, who moved from Esperance to Subiaco at the start of the year to give footy one last crack, was WA’s most consistent midfielder during the championships, averaging 24 disposals, 12.8 contested possessions, 6.5 clearances and 4.3 tackles. Expect him to push for WAFL senior footy level as the year progresses.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...r/news-story/2da894dca6f884119b9ceb6e22f55195

I think Venners has a higher ceiling
P3kRr.gif

Cole and Duggan are the next superstars.

I think you're half correct: i am sold on Cole but absolutely not on Duggan as it stands right now. He disposal is ordinary and his decision making has a lot to be desired.

He seems like a great kid Duggan, but he needs to work on a lot ot things. I do like that he keeps trying to take on tacklers despite never breaking one. He'll get there. One day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
I think Venners has a higher ceiling

Well DV would want to start finding a lot more of the football before he comes close to being in the same conversation as King Cole.

Thus far I have seen rare ......and I do mean rare ........ flashed of sparkle but he seriously needs to up his production.

Well DV would want to start finding a lot more of the football before he comes close to being in the same conversation as King Cole.

Thus far I have seen rare ......and I do mean rare ........ flashed of sparkle but he seriously needs to up his production.
Venables was extremely poor yesterday.

Needs to be dropped and played full time on ball in the WAFL

Venables was extremely poor yesterday.

Needs to be dropped and played full time on ball in the WAFL

He has been extremely poor this last month.
He needs to work harder and gain some composure , agree back to the two's for him.

If the match committee are true to their word, then they cant say that they look at and reward WAFL form and then ignore the form of Partington, Ainsworth and of late Brayshaw and yet keep picking DV each week .

Always pisses me off when certain players seem to have a golden pass / favoured status attached to their name.

Kids got promise , don't get me wrong , but he is very much a work in progress thats going to take some more time to get to the standard required to be a regular AFL player.

If the match committee are true to their word, then they cant say that they look at and reward WAFL form and then ignore the form of Partington, Ainsworth and of late Brayshaw and yet keep picking DV each week

Always pisses me off when certain players seem to have a golden pass / favoured status attached to their name.

Kids got promise , don't get me wrong , but he is very much a work in progress thats going to take some more time to get to the standard required to be a regular AFL player.
Agree 100%

Last edited:
He has been extremely poor this last month.
He needs to work harder and gain some composure , agree back to the two's for him.

If the match committee are true to their word, then they cant say that they look at and reward WAFL form and then ignore the form of Partington, Ainsworth and of late Brayshaw and yet keep picking DV each week .

We're not exactly going to play Partington or Ainsworth in the role Venables is being asked to play, and Brayshaw has been inconsistent in the WAFL but nice to see him have a big game on the weekend.

I wouldn't say he's been great but I disagree that he's been 'extremely poor'. Even without getting huge numbers he's been contributing through defensive pressure and work rate. He's building. A step back on the weekend perhaps, but saying he's got a golden pass is false.

Back