Prediction Which of our youngsters will end up being the best?

Which of our youngsters will end up being the best?

• Dom Sheed

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Malcolm Karpany

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Willie Rioli

Votes: 38 17.8%
  • Francis Watson

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Tom Barrass

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Jackson Nelson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Ryan

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Liam Duggan

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • Luke Partington

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Kurt Mutimer

• Tom Cole

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Matthew Allen

• Hamish Brayshaw

• Josh Rotham

• Jake Waterman

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Daniel Venables

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • Brayden Ainsworth

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Jarrod Brander

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Oscar Allen

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • Jack Petruccelle

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not exactly going to play Partington or Ainsworth in the role Venables is being asked to play, and Brayshaw has been inconsistent in the WAFL but nice to see him have a big game on the weekend.

I wouldn't say he's been great but I disagree that he's been 'extremely poor'. Even without getting huge numbers he's been contributing through defensive pressure and work rate. He's building. A step back on the weekend perhaps, but saying he's got a golden pass is false.

Nice sponsor support for your player, kudos for that :thumbsu: :heavycheck:

However.

CC he has been very disappointing ....... hard to deny that. :shrug:

He has been extremely poor this last month.
He needs to work harder and gain some composure , agree back to the two's for him.

If the match committee are true to their word, then they cant say that they look at and reward WAFL form and then ignore the form of Partington, Ainsworth and of late Brayshaw and yet keep picking DV each week .

Always pisses me off when certain players seem to have a golden pass / favoured status attached to their name.

Kids got promise , don't get me wrong , but he is very much a work in progress thats going to take some more time to get to the standard required to be a regular AFL player.
I think you're being a bit harsh on Venables, he was in excellent form prior to his injury and I think the MC are backing him to get there again and maybe even move past that in the future.

He has been good defensively and his disposal is usually good, good vision, creative and he obviously has more pace than Ainsworth, Partington and Brayshaw, neither of whom would be better in his current forward pocket/flank role. I think he's in competition with Petch atm and Petch is definitely a ways off being AFL standard.

Nice sponsor support for your player, kudos for that :thumbsu: :heavycheck:

However.

CC he has been very disappointing ....... hard to deny that. :shrug:
I don't think he's been as dissapointing to the coaches as he is to you. They must be marking him on certain kpi's and he must be close to hitting them if he's still getting games. They wouldn't persist otherwise I'm sure.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/22...y/news-story/eba81084c9ea2d7b697c46fc9feb5231

Anyone else feel we were a bit stiff to not get anyone named in the 40 man squad for the best 22under22? Given how strong our backline has been I would have thought one or two of Duggan, Barrass, Cole deserved a squad nomination
What's the cut-off point; Barrass is over 22 but so is Bontompelli. If he is eligible, then he should be a deadset certainty. I would take him over pretty much every defender mentioned. Cole has been great this year, but he's only just starting his rise and is outside the Victorian bubble, not surprised he hasn't been noticed. Duggan not being in it isn't surprising; he's just solid right now.

Venables and Allen provided some food for thought on the weekend. I don't even think of Rioli as a young player any more, that's how quickly he has established himself as automatic selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a mate tell me Tom Cole was an absolute steal at the draft and watch this space, he wasnt wrong. Reminds me so much of Shep but a bit better in traffic.
Venables = Shuey
Allen = JK
Rioli = A "Rioli"
Barrass = Our FB for next 10 years.
Sheed offers a lot and hard to say on the rest.
I think we have such a good group of young guys coming through though. Duggans the enigma, really like his contested work but god his decision making is just horrible. If he can sort that out who knows.

I reckon we have 14 youngsters that will be great players. Depends on coaching staff to develop their potential and match committee to make some game day room. LeCras, Masten and Kennedy spots for starters. JK fabulous but his injuries and age not looking good

Back