Which of the well thought through coaching appointments of 2019 will end in tears?

Which one of the class of 2020 will crash and burn first?

• Teague

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Shaw

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Longmuir

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The answer, of course, is all of them, because they were all terrible appointments.

First of all, though, I'll note, Brett Ratten doesn't count. That ploy of getting him in to nudge out Richardson was, actually, quite astute—good job Saints.

So it's down to Longmuir, Shaw and Teague, and the question really should be, who will shed tears first?

I love that Cartonk and Norf fell for the ole "caretaker wins a couple of games" trick. A route that has proved a masterstroke for... no one.

As for Freo, after having made a fairly ruthless call to get Lyon—when Ross Lyon was still a thing, it's interesting to see them head back down the route of hiring a local spud.

Exciting times.

Last edited:
Rutter taking over from worsfold was announced in 2019. Surely will provide some tears.
But to answer the question, Shaw.

Teagues an upgrade from Bolton and Longmuir is apparently rated (although I bet he's as bad as you'd expect).

That leaves Rhys Shaw who was basically only hired to save money

Longmanure.
Why any campaigner would put his family, history & sanity to the point of no return with picking up not only the Freo job but also Ross Lyons budding sloppy seconds is something only Agent Mulder could discover in Area 51 whilst balancing soft poached eggs on his testicles and listening to the colour turquoise as Danger surfs by in his suit.

Yawn.

It took advantage of dead arse unimaginative coaching. Which, strangely, adapted.

Eventually.

At least Roos didn't rely on systematic, cowardly, compulsory thuggery.

That would have been a genuine blot on the game.
Like Carlton in the 'Brown Paper Bag' era?

Like Carlton in the 'Brown Paper Bag' era?

Ahh those were the days.

Don't finish on top of the ladder? No big deal. Go out and buy the services of the best three players in the game. Problem solved.

Although I fail to see why you thought that was a natural way to proceed on mention of the cowardly thug Clarkson and his requirement that his players also become cowardly thugs.

Back