Preview Which of these players is most likely to have a breakout year?

Which player is most likely to have a breakout year?

• Callum Brown

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Josh Daicos

Votes: 58 43.6%
  • Nathan Murphy

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Rupert Wills

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Tyler Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Crocker

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Flynn Appleby

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Jack Madgen

• Max Lynch

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

'Stay on topic gestapo'?! I used the collective 'we' rather than accusatory 'you'.
We're not that easily fooled. Modern day nazis are fully trained in the use of inclusive language, which they divisively employ whilst driving their factionalising wedges into our community.

We're not that easily fooled. Modern day nazis are fully trained in the use of inclusive language, which they divisively employ whilst driving their factionalising wedges into our community.
Damn. Didn't think you'd spot the secreted wedges waiting in the wings nor recognise the neo nazi intent behind my admission of collective guilt.

For me, breaking out is inextricably linked to a player's potential. I view it as a sudden rise towards the player producing close to their capabilities. So for Darcy Moore, it's becoming a star, but for Flynn Appleby, it's becoming a solid, reliable best 22 shut downer of dangerous forwards.
Yep, that’s a much better way of putting it. Not everyone can become a star, but a breakout year should absolutely signify a player making the leap to playing close to their full potential, consistently.

For me, there are plenty of players who’ve been excluded from this poll who are still yet to have that breakout season. Both Moore and Sier are the biggest chances to do that in 2019 imo.

Moore and Sier are the biggest chances to do that in 2019 imo.
They do look ready to deliver. Coxy a chance. WHE? To me those are the 4 senior players who could make a big jump.I also expect Stephenson to make another big leap, but he's still a couple of years away from physically getting near his potential, so it won't really be a breakout. But there's often surprise packets like Thomas last year.

Or a break out year for COLLINGWOOD

A PREMIERSHIP!

I’ll take that overall as best fit for....

EVERYTHING

:)

Gee you don’t like Mihocek.

So what, that 18 clubs and until 2018, 17 clubs passed him up for years.
He worked hard, got his opportunity and took it.
Good on him for that.

Players like him get there by dint of hard work and ignoring nay sayers (you know the cheap shots they get).

He’s done really well.

Is he Wayne Carey? No.
Is he Royce Hart? No.
Is he Malcom Blight? No.

Is he even Roger Merrett? No.
Is he Leigh Brown? Better I reckon.

He has earned his keep. That’s a credit to him.
Good post! The 17 clubs that ignored him obviously don't have recruiters of our calibre. I even agree what he is better than Leigh Brown. I think he is a more consistent goal contributor than Leigh. But Leigh was a vital cog in our 2010 premiership year. He became the archetypal tough spare parts 2nd ruckmen.

Good post! The 17 clubs that ignored him obviously don't have recruiters of our calibre. I even agree what he is better than Leigh Brown. I think he is a more consistent goal contributor than Leigh. But Leigh was a vital cog in our 2010 premiership year. He became the archetypal tough spare parts 2nd ruckmen.

Fantastic mark in the GF - brilliant selection by you. In so many ways epitomises what Brown was about.

That crazy goal he kicked... you know it’s your night when that happens :)

Fantastic mark in the GF - brilliant selection by you. In so many ways epitomises what Brown was about.

That crazy goal he kicked... you know it’s your night when that happens :)
Both players were late bloomers written off as serious AFL players, who made their mark largely as role players. Mihochek has already had his breakout year. Lots of similarities between the 2 players and a credit to our recruiters that they picked them up so cheaply in the latter period of their career.

EDIT: Liked this Leigh Brown moment too

Last edited:
Both players were late bloomers written off as serious AFL players, who made their mark largely as role players. Mihochek has already had his breakout year. Lots of similarities between the 2 players and a credit to our recruiters that they picked them up so cheaply in the latter period of their career.
And I think they picked Mihocek for a defenders role.
Sometimes you get more.

:)

As we go into our final hitout before round 1, it’s curious that the selectors have picked ...

C.Brown
T.Brown
Crocker

With emergencies being ...

Daicos
Wills
Murphy

The lads sitting in the stands ...

Lynch
Madgen
Appleby

Back