Prediction Which of these players will step up and play regularly in 2019

2 votes- Which two players listed here will step up and play most games in 2019.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Plenty of non-regular players with ability at the moment, who's your two picks.Last year it was Jack 'In the box' Higgins and Jayden 'Shorty' Short.

Went with Naish and the new guy RCD.

Really liked what I saw from Naish in the VFL especially towards the end of the season. Put on a bit of bulk and I'd be surprised if he doesn't play at least half a dozen games. Haven't seen RCD play in person but he looks AFL ready from the videos.

Would have loved to have clicked on Bolton and Menadue as they are the two guys who have the most potential but who bloody knows what they're going to dish up next year. It's a tough gig AFL level footy.

193 cm is enough and dont want him to grow anymore, Just need him to build his fitness and strength

Not expecting to see much of the following players in 2019 and waiting for them to develop in the vfl together
CCJ,Balta,Naish,RCD,Ross,Turner,English,Miller

Thats the way the Hawks did it during the years they won the flags , They would draft a kid and you wouldnt hear about him for 2-3 years then Bang a ready made soldier appeared. The Hawks development was brilliant

Reckon Naish will surprise.
Think he has another year of development left before he is ready for the big league,Still very light and drifts in and out of games at vfl level
needs another 4-5kg's and learn to get more of the ball inside other wise will be in the same position of menadue where he is in for 1 game then dropped. I'd rather wait and hold him back until he is ready and a bit stronger

Think he has another year of development left before he is ready for the big league,Still very light and drifts in and out of games at vfl level
needs another 4-5kg's and learn to get more of the ball inside other wise will be in the same position of menadue where he is in for 1 game then dropped. I'd rather wait and hold him back until he is ready and a bit stronger
Not sure why you think he should be an inside.I see him more of a half back type run & carry.

Not sure why you think he should be an inside.I see him more of a half back type run & carry.
Dont think he should play inside at all but needs to have some ability to get his own ball when the opportunity presents rather than only play outside, Grigg had the same issue's when he was drafted and took a while but only after he came to richmond he was able to go inside when required

We dont need a hartung type

Dont think he should play inside at all but needs to have some ability to get his own ball when the opportunity presents rather than only play outside, Grigg had the same issue's when he was drafted and took a while but only after he came to richmond he was able to go inside when required

We dont need a hartung type
Every side has those types.We won a flag with 2(Grigg & Houli).

Garthwaite and RCD .
Cameos from Markov Baker and Balta.
Menadue will end up at the Suns in 12 months time with The Silky Butterfly if he doesn’t start hitting contests at full speed and using his speed to run from opponents and hitting blokes upfield.
Still has a 400m sprinters motor with a poor tank and little hurt factor. Also loses concentration in games even at vfl level and goes missing in stages , especially when the testosterone is needed in close battles.
Personally I think he won’t make it and all the other delistings and trades saved his bacon . Has the speed , but has a lot of deficiencies that counteract it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if thats the case id ship off Gastrobury before Garth. part of the future and Gastrobury is old
GAstbuy is 28 next year. In his prime. Consistent over the last 3 years. While we are hunting flags we won't be gifting games. I loved Garth in the seniors but I can't see him getting much more game time. Same goes for Moore, Ivan CCJ & even Balta.

I would say pretty conservatively that between Rance , Astbury,Grimes,Broad they will miss atleast 10-12 games between them either through injury / suspension / resting so 12 games for Garth would be exactly what the doctor ordered. We have been extremely lucky so far with injuries and i hope it continue's but the odds will be against us to do that for a 3rd straight year

I would say pretty conservatively that between Rance , Astbury,Grimes,Broad they will miss atleast 10-12 games between them either through injury / suspension / resting so 12 games for Garth would be exactly what the doctor ordered. We have been extremely lucky so far with injuries and i hope it continue's but the odds will be against us to do that for a 3rd straight year
Cheers Frank.

For mine it should be Bolton and Markov who step up.

Garthwaite & Miller will need to break in to a tall defensive unit of Rance Astbury & Grimes which given their recent form will only happen when injury forces a change.

Baker and Naish will get games but I don't see either being major players just yet.

Chol Moore Balta would require a major injury to either Jack or Lynch for them to come into calculations.

Menadue will be fighting with Markov for a spot and given Markov got a 2 year deal and Menadue got the one year I'd suggest that Markov is rated a bit higher.

The rest are first year draftees and you wouldn't really expect any of them to get major games unless they come out early on and absolutely dominate and demand that the selectors pick them.

Back