Which player do you realistically want with your teams first selection in the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
So this thread I thought we could discuss what player you are realistically hoping your team will get with your teams first draft pick (or first round draft picks if your team has more than one). So this isn't a thread for saying, "well the Swans have pick 14, I would like us to get Cameron Rayner" as that isn't realistic, rather it is about who you would like to get that you think might be around that pick.

The Swans do have pick 14, and I have my heart set on Charlie Constable as he plays a position the Swans need (in an under midfielder), is an excellent size for that position (190cm), finds the ball reasonably regularly and while not flashy seems to be reasonably effective, even if he seems to handball a bit too often.

LDU.

Good fit for us as a pure midfielder and his parents have a house in Brisbane so will be an easy transition.

Oskar Allen assuming we don't have to bid high for Patrick Naish which I doubt will be happening.

LDU. I want what I can't have.
Will get one of Cerra, Dow or Rayner. Very happy with any of them maybe Dow is a personal preference for a pure midfielder with less injury worries than Cerra.
Convinced we're getting Rayner now though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane fans seem very worried about the go home factor for Rayner. Is that something Fremantle fans are not worried about?
We've generally had great retention so I'm not worried. That high of a pick you simply take best available and back your culture in IMO. Weller was a shock but the offer he received was a bit of a one off IMO , Crozier was more of us and him exploring options apparently. Roberton had a pregnant girlfriend much like Wilson and you can't really help that. We all know about Balics' issues.

He sounds very mature in this interview and genuinely seems happy to play wherever, however I know that some people just say those things pre draft to boost their stock.

Lochie O'Brien. Fills our biggest issue (leg speed/skill on the outside) perfectly. Constable a pretty good fit too.
You'd have some seriously dynamic wings set for the future with that pickup.

Would you be happy going after him at 48 (or where your pick resides by then)?

Personally I’d be going best available KPD with our first pick but I’d be happy to go Liam Ryan with our second (which will likely be late 40’s/early 50’s after academy bidding).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back