Which player do you realistically want with your teams first selection in the draft?

We need a ruck forward for a chop out for Nank, but also need a KPD as do not have much depth in that area. The query on Hayes is his tank, so may overlook for Balta possibly or Oscar Allen.

Jarred Brander might be the one. I'm not his biggest fan but could be a decent get for the Tigers.

Could also take a KPD or just go best available. My rule of thumb is first round, best available.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Jarred Brander might be the one. I'm not his biggest fan but could be a decent get for the Tigers.

Could also take a KPD or just go best available. My rule of thumb is first round, best available.
Brander would be steal if makes it to 17 (assuming no bid on Naish). A few other good tall options in our draft range but would like Bonar if he was available. He won't get past Sydney I suspect though.

Brander would be steal if makes it to 17 (assuming no bid on Naish). A few other good tall options in our draft range but would like Bonar if he was available. He won't get past Sydney I suspect though.

Bonar is an interesting one. Would be a gamble.

Can see us going two ways- do we pick a seriously quick player like a Ling type (bit of a reach, but would be gone by our next one), O'Brien (have doubts whether he will be there), or do we take a punt on Bonar who could be one of the best in the draft. How big is the risk? Not sure. I'm not going to profess to be a doctor on this one.

Charlie Constable might be the one we really want though. Eventually we need a JPK replacement and we can let him develop for a year or two.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I don't know much about the kids who will be available in the 2nd Rd, let alone the 3rd
But I do like Strachan, boyse, ferry and hind from our vfl team (all 4 went to the combine).
Wouldn't mind adding them to the list

Jell

Team Captain
Nov 8, 2007
Bacchus Marsh
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
With pick 3, LDU or Rayner. If both are gone, probably Cerra ahead of Dow but neither really excite me. Pick 10 Brayshaw if available, if not, would take a bit of a punt on Bonar. High risk, but very high reward scenario. The one guy I really like though, and really wish we still had pick 16 for, is Oscar Allen. Seems to be a very switched on guy who I think could be a real steal in this draft. Kinda hoping he ends up being one of the sliders and makes it to pick 30.

exxcessivve

All Australian
Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Essendon, Geelong, GWS, Port
Jaidyn Stephenson seems like a cool guy judging by the "Tomorrow's Heroes" video. Probably not Pick 2 though

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Fogarty. I think we’re set for 200cm type forwards so I want that more medium size option that can spread the defense and hold their own against second or third defenders one v one. I love the physicality in his game and it was only injury that held him back from top 3 discussions, IMO.

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fogarty. I think we’re set for 200cm type forwards so I want that more medium size option that can spread the defense and hold their own against second or third defenders one v one. I love the physicality in his game and it was only injury that held him back from top 3 discussions, IMO.

I hope you take him not a mid.

My fingers are crossed for one of these:

Dow
Cerra
Rayner
LDU
Stephenson
Brayshaw

But there's every chance they all go in the first six selections and leave us with talls and utilities, no true mids.

Fogarty. Can play as a smaller key/3rd tall forward and have an immediate impact and possibly move in to the midfield rotation in a couple of years. Only held back by injury this year imo, or else he wouldn’t even be in the conversation outside the top 3.

He makes perfect sense from a needs and best available perspective, therefore if he’s available we’ll almost certainly overlook him.

We need a ruck forward for a chop out for Nank, but also need a KPD as do not have much depth in that area. The query on Hayes is his tank, so may overlook for Balta possibly or Oscar Allen.

Or Brander if he goes that far.

Personally, I'm not sold on Allen...I'm sure he has ability, but he's just too small to be a KPP at AFL level, and that's what we need. I fear he could become another Ben Lennon...All the skills of a KPF, but just not big enough, or exceptional enough in other areas to pull it off in the top grade.

But yeah, from 17/20/25, if we can get 2 of those 4, plus Naish, I'll be happy enough.

Back