Which player has the most trade value in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is everyone saying Jesse Hogan? As much as hogan is a fantastic future prospect coming home will always loom, Maxxy Gawn is the best thing that's happened to the red&blue since Jimmy , not just for his ability on field but the culture he's building.
He is a character any football club should want above anyone!
Then Christian Patracca, then maybe Jesse Hogan!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it's Hogan think he will end up being one of the great forwards by the time he finishes

1. Fyfe
2. Tom Lynch (GC)
3. Bont

Anyone who puts Hogan ahead of Tom Lynch is seriously delusional. Not even in the same ballpark.
Put Tom Lynch in a good side - he kicks 100 goals.

Bontempelli
May
Natanui
Fyfe
Lobb

Depends a bit on the team needs and Fyfe coming back in form. Assumes recruiting long term so players like Rioli not considered.

1. Fyfe
2. Tom Lynch (GC)
3. Bont

Anyone who puts Hogan ahead of Tom Lynch is seriously delusional. Not even in the same ballpark.

He's also 2.5 years older.

I'd probably take Maxy over Hogan. Max is elite in his position where as Hogan is still potential, while I hope he becomes one of the best 1-3 FWDs in the league there is still the chance (hopefully very, very low) he just ends up as a pretty good forward but nothing special.

Overall I'd say it's tough to split Bont / Fyfe for most valuable.

Bontempelli has the most trade value IMO. Fyfe is injury prone and Hogan cannot kick straight. Not only can I not think of anyone who has a higher trade value than Bontempelli, but I cannot even think of another player that comes close. Perhaps the closest would be Luke Parker. Dangerfield shortly thereafter.

Alot depends on the following imo

Injury History
Other Players Who Play The Same Position
Character

Lynch
Bontempelli
Heeney
Fyfe
Hogan
Cameron
Dangerfield
Parker
Patton
Cripps

Wines, Kelly and numerous others unlucky - especially NicNat who would have reached that list up until the injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Fyfe
2. Tom Lynch (GC)
3. Bont

Fyfe #1? He's been out of the game 12 months, has had a total of 13 surgeries (?) and isn't well liked in the locker room. I wouldn't have him #1.

It's amazing on here how quickly people forget

Fyfe comes back next year after surgery with a fully healed broken leg and Mitchells kneecap removed from his thigh

People go back to saying " Bont is the next Fyfe "
Bont's a far better kick that Fyfe. Doesn't s**t himself in Grand Finals either.

Time will tell, but if we are talking trade value Fyfe's would have lessened with repeated leg injuries in recent years. Fyfe's still up there but big Tom Lynch would command some sweet coin I reckon.

Fyfe will hit the ground running next year then everyone will remember how dominate ne can be, short memories on here.

His apprentice The Bont isn't far behind, and right behind him is Heeney....Gun
It's not a matter of short memories. We're talking trade value, not just quality of player. The reality is that Fyfe now carries a buyer beware sticker.

That said, I'd still have him ranked third behind Lynch and Bontempelli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back