Which player(s) from your club are you ashamed of

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Terrible player or terrible bloke or both?

How Justin Murphy ever darkened our doors got me. There's Ablett but that's post career. Eagles fans must still feel rankled that someone like a Tom Swift ever pulled on their colours.

This will probably turn in to a s**t fest of accusations and rumours but here's hoping.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle

How Justin Murphy ever darkened our doors got me. There's Ablett but that's post career. Eagles fans must still feel rankled that someone like a Tom Swift ever pulled on their colours.

This will probably turn in to a s**t fest of accusations and rumours but here's hoping.
Tom Swift wasn't even that bad. Had some rank kicking but coming off 2 knee reco's it was to be expected. Was treated like s**t by the fans, no wonder he retired very early.

Fabab

Premiership Player
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

What’s jmurphy done or doing mate?

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
Geez, I'm sure there are plenty of skeletons in the closet but Bill Nicholls (six games for us, ten for the Tigers) is one that comes to mind. Currently serving an 11 year sentence for shooting two blokes.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
What do expect straight from the drug den of Hawthorn

True.

Then again, I suppose one of our club legends could be a snow-dropper arrested for exposing himself to shoppers on Glenhuntly Rd. Or a guy that is constantly in the media for his association with bikie gangs and South Melbourne tattoo parlours. Or a convicted steroid user.

Those who live in glass hovels and all that.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Geoff Ablett has hardly been covering himself in glory as of late. Terrific footballer. Awful politician.

True.

Then again, I suppose one of our club legends could be a snow-dropper arrested for exposing himself to shoppers on Glenhuntly Rd. Or a guy that is constantly in the media for his association with bikie gangs and South Melbourne tattoo parlours. Or a convicted steroid user.

Those who live in glass hovels and all that.
I want names or it never happened...

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I want names or it never happened...

1) Ian Cervi better known as Ian....triple Brownlow medallist

2) Jake King (Duh)

3) Justin Charles (a bit of a low blow I'll admit as I think he was a nice guy but the first guy to get done for being on the gas)

Anyways the point of the thread was to name players from your own club. Get naming!

Hawthorn's Tyrone Vickery arrested, as part of an extortion probe.
Premiership-winning Hawthorn legend Brian Lake will reportedly face court next month on a host of charges related to an alleged violent rampage.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn's Tyrone Vickery arrested, as part of an extortion probe.
Premiership-winning Hawthorn legend Brian Lake will reportedly face court next month on a host of charges related to an alleged violent rampage.

Glad to see you've seen the error of your ways and you're on the brown and gold bandwagon.

Back