Which player(s) from your club are you ashamed of

Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
That's always been the legend. No evidence to support it though, then or now.

And it's not like it was a rare incident for Matthews. Bruns was just one of the more infamous ones because trial by video was coming in.
FWIW - I’m aiming to get Tucky to do my bathroom this year ( he is a plumber and mates with someone i know )... Will report back.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lumumba
Just an absolute tool of a bloke
Once walked behind him and watched him put in coins in all expired meters with cars in the parking bays. He didn't think anyone was watching him. He might be misguided and have different views to most but that doesn't make him a tool. I think Lubumba suffers from Goodes syndrome... he is just different and not understood

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
True.

Then again, I suppose one of our club legends could be a snow-dropper arrested for exposing himself to shoppers on Glenhuntly Rd. Or a guy that is constantly in the media for his association with bikie gangs and South Melbourne tattoo parlours. Or a convicted steroid user.

Those who live in glass hovels and all that.

Yeah but I think that legend may have Been at the wooden spoon leaders club it may also have occurred in Elizabeth street as well

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Not from my club but played against the bloke, ben sharp, Got rookied to the eagles, few years after he got the chop him and his brother pulled guns on an armored truck and robbed it. Also got done for drug trafficking. Then in court blamed the eagles for getting him into the drug scene. Was always a massive flog

Yeah that was at my Maccas in Sunbury

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Mark Blicavs.
He's also become our spokesman after losses which further adds salt to the wound.
We constantly get bombarded with preseason trial times and personal best records but when it's actually time to stand tall and deliver in the most important of games, the guy continually goes missing.

He is also a duel best and fairest winner. It's so mind-boggling that it's really put me off this team at the moment.
I had nothing against him winning the B&F in 2015, was satisfactory as a rucking midfielder averaging 16 hitouts, 18 disposals, 4.5 marks, 3.5 clearances, 6 tackles a game. Keep in mind, Duncan and Bartel combined for only 22 games that season.

How he managed to win another in 2018 is where it became a blatant joke.

The other player would have to be Cam Guthrie.
Continually gives us glimpses but like many in a long line of tradition at Geelong, lack of physicality and aggression prevents him from ever becoming elite or close to elite status.
Would have traded him a couple years ago when he had currency but will now fade away as some other young buck kicks him out of the starting team.

Hang on there , they are two of Sunburys finest

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Consolaçao

All Australian
May 22, 2007
Melbourne Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Phnom Penh Utd (curling)
Never played a game for the Crows but he was on our 92 rookie list, John Bunting who ended up being convicted of the Snowtown killings. If he showed the same attack on the ball as he did some drugged up handcuffed guy in a disused bank vault, he may have played 150 games

Amazed this isn’t more widely known.. I suspect the AFC may’ve sought an injunction to have all references to this fact removed from the public record.
Unbelievably, owing to his prodigious kick, he was known to teammates as ‘Barrels’ Bunting in his junior footy days..

Pretty obvious who wins our "worse bloke" award. Almost tore the club apart.

For the Lions, Albert Proud would have to be up there.
He was who I immediately thought of on reading the thread title. Ironic given his surname.

5.5 years for nearly beating his girlfriend to death. What a gutless wonder.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Amazed this isn’t more widely known.. I suspect the AFC may’ve sought an injunction to have all references to this fact removed from the public record.
Unbelievably, owing to his prodigious kick, he was known to teammates as ‘Barrels’ Bunting in his junior footy days..
For his shotgun prowess?

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pretty sure its not true. First murder happened in 1992 when he was supposedly on the rookie list. Seems highly unlikely as it is something the press would have a field day with.
Haha gees I can't believe anyone would think it was true for a second, Bunting was just a a scum bag from Queensland who ended up in Adelaide through some local scum.

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oh look, serial killing aside, the guy was a bloody good footballer. At least now when we look back at him getting sacked for missing training sessions later in the year...well there was a reason.
Did you do kick to kick with him? Apparently he liked to surround him self with *s.

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Daniel Kerr taken to Hospital early this morning by Police after being found passed out on a Kalgoorlie street. Shameful.

Back