Which player(s) from your club are you ashamed of

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Cousins was my favourite all time Eagle and loved him as a player but he will always be remembered as a druggy over a multiple All Aus, Brownlow medallist and a Premiership player.

Pretty sad.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a real shame IMO that Ben's football legacy is being tarnished based on his off field issues. Annoys me when i see lists with other great players like Judd, Black, Selwood etc placed ahead of Ben, when IMHO Cousins was a far superior footballer than any of them.

came across hundreds of players in my time at the big house down there at southbank
off the top of my head these blokes stood out as total F***heads each n everytime....Stephen Lawrence ,total fruit loop,
Shannon Grant,complete C***head,no hope,the guy Dermott says physically was the perfect AFL specimen at the time,James from Collingwood,
not as bad as the aforementioned but a bit skewiff none the less & lastly Nathan Thompson of North/Hawthorn...talked utter s**t,had his head up his own arse
arrogant as...on the flipside these are just a few who came across as nice genuine blokes
Buckley,Hamill,Brown from St.kilda,Goddard,Hodge,Hall,Shane Tuck

Last edited:

This is a real shame IMO that Ben's football legacy is being tarnished based on his off field issues. Annoys me when i see lists with other great players like Judd, Black, Selwood etc placed ahead of Ben, when IMHO Cousins was a far superior footballer than any of them.
Simon Black was better than him. Better than Voss too while we’re at it.

Fair play the rest of them though.

Simon Black was better than him. Better than Voss too while we’re at it.

Fair play the rest of them though.
Strongly disagree, and this is no crack at Black who would be in my top 5 favourite players. But Cousins was the most elite complete midfielder from 98 - 2006, 6 All Australians v Black's 3. Voss was a different beast, and I would have him ahead of Cousins.

Strongly disagree, and this is no crack at Black who would be in my top 5 favourite players. But Cousins was the most elite complete midfielder from 98 - 2006, 6 All Australians v Black's 3. Voss was a different beast, and I would have him ahead of Cousins.
You can counter that with the fact that Black has a Norm Smith from a commanding 39 possession effort (at the time and for quite a while after league record for disposals in a Grand Final), demonstrating his ability to stand up on the biggest of stages. He’d be a dual Brownlow Medallist had he polled one extra vote in 2008 and I think he’s every bit as complete a footballer as those you’ve mentioned (personally I’d argue more complete).

Not my own team,

But Rene Kink, drunk driving in the 70s, hit my grandfather with his car who died a month later after being in a coma. Only in his 60s, just came from Greece. Died more than a decade before I was born. Mum showed me all the news clippings, had to see her own father's blood all over the road.

Tore our family apart for decades until new people came in and uncles and aunties passed away.

Of course, different times back then, slap on the wrist for Kink, who understandably laid very low since.

So glad he never won a grand final, karma of sorts.

Not my own team,

But Rene Kink, drunk driving in the 70s, hit my grandfather with his car who died a month later after being in a coma. Only in his 60s, just came from Greece. Died more than a decade before I was born. Mum showed me all the news clippings, had to see her own father's blood all over the road.

Tore our family apart for decades until new people came in and uncles and aunties passed away.

Of course, different times back then, slap on the wrist for Kink, who understandably laid very low since.

So glad he never won a grand final, karma of sorts.

That is just a senseless tragedy. It is especially hard to accept when a person has the courage to move to another country to help their family or find opportunity and then something like this happens.

I have drunk driven before. I am lucky that I am not Kink and I am sure I am not alone. It goes to show how important it is that we raise social standards in lots of areas. A lot of people whinge about social justice warriors ... but social justice is what we all want and we can't get it without activism. Drink driving is becoming a more serious crime these days because of the activism and education.

Nobody.
If anything i don't see the point of hating on a guy because he's done the wrong thing. I look at supporting them instead.

Nobody.
If anything i don't see the point of hating on a guy because he's done the wrong thing. I look at supporting them instead.
I dont know if anyone hates them. Just annoyed and dissapointed at events.

Not that I can talk. Ive done a Kerr. Slept in the bushes. No cameras on me or public shaming. Just stumble home, grab maccas and pop to bed

I dont know if anyone hates them. Just annoyed and dissapointed at events.

Not that I can talk. Ive done a Kerr. Slept in the bushes. No cameras on me or public shaming. Just stumble home, grab maccas and pop to bed

People are hating on a lot of players who have mental health issues. It's a very immature approach by them.
Mental illness is like a hidden disability. It can't be helped behaviour wise because that person will do things that will try and make it better for themselves.
But if you support them then you are letting that player know that you care about them and why they behave in such a manner that they do.

Nobody.

Worst.....troll......ever.
It's like he's the Kenny Bania of trolls. Not even funny, and just the same stupid comments in every thread.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problem supporting people with mental health issues - I’m literally out for the day from a clinic I’ve been staying at over the past 4 days.

but Kerr is a bad egg full stop, and Cousins to me is now suffering the mental health effects of something that HE began. His story reeks of someone who thought they were untouchable

Amazing how Geelong fans conviently forget David Clarke Snr (Pyramid Building Society) and especially Gary Ablett Snr, two pricks who have ruined/destroyed lives.

Heard s**t things about Micky Turner as well, and Paul Chapman once thumped a young woman outside a Geelong nightclub.

The propensity of Cats fans to gloss over/ignore the scully acts several of their champions have done (esp Ablett Snr) staggers me.

Oh and John 'Sam' Newman as well.

Agreed but I am very biased when it comes to Ben Cousins, although Black would pretty much be level with him.

Track down any West Coast game from 2000 to 2002 when we sucked or had a team of kids and tell me this guy wasn't a generational player. Our greatest player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back