Which player(s) from your club are you ashamed of

Remove this Banner Ad

Will never forget Geelong and Milburn’s display of disgustingness against Carlton. Remember that clearly as a kid. From that point on, he tried to be a mentor, a star but he’s a awful bloke for that day.
And he won two premierships.

He was also involved in a car accident years ago that left a man dead, although it does seem that it was a tragic accident, and one that probably still haunts him till this day.

Not a fan of Milburn, but I have moved on from.that incident (I was at that game) and as I mentioned previous, there are/were plenty of worse grubs from Geelong.

The Cats certainly top the list of having the most s**t blokes play for their club, in terms of the number of lives their players have ruined over the years (although North Melbourne are a close second)

Amazing how Geelong fans conviently forget David Clarke Snr (Pyramid Building Society) and especially Gary Ablett Snr, two pricks who have ruined/destroyed lives.

Heard s**t things about Micky Turner as well, and Paul Chapman once thumped a young woman outside a Geelong nightclub.

The propensity of Cats fans to gloss over/ignore the scully acts several of their champions have done (esp Ablett Snr) staggers me.

Oh and John 'Sam' Newman as well.

I agree (particularly re Ablett), having said that, I haven’t seen many Carlton fans (including your posts) listing the man their best and fairest is named after, “Gentleman” John Nicholls. Convicted of embezzlement and larceny in the 60’s and then 7 counts of fraud in the 80’s.

Last edited:
Was he actually? I can't seem to find anything online that says he was. No article lists any connection between the Crows and Bunting, and I can't find the Crows' full 1992 list anywhere

The only connection I can find is Judge Brian Martin, who presided over the Snowtown trial and was a director at the Crows from 1994-98.

Not my own team,

But Rene Kink, drunk driving in the 70s, hit my grandfather with his car who died a month later after being in a coma. Only in his 60s, just came from Greece. Died more than a decade before I was born. Mum showed me all the news clippings, had to see her own father's blood all over the road.

Tore our family apart for decades until new people came in and uncles and aunties passed away.

Of course, different times back then, slap on the wrist for Kink, who understandably laid very low since.

So glad he never won a grand final, karma of sorts.

Why was this not big news like e.g. Jim Buckley?

Cousins is a pretty huge piece of s**t IRL. He's had more help than the vast majority of drug addicts ever get, yet he constantly burns people around him with his shitty behaviour. Pretty reasonable to be ashamed of someone like him
This.

The cousins love/pity some people have always has baffled me. The guy was as arrogant as they come when younger and thought he was invincible. Never came across as a good/decent guy.

He got what was coming to him and he showed his true colours. Feel sorry for his family for sure but don't feel sorry for Ben. He brought this on himself and didn't change his behaviour when he had numerous chances.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

we have a long list of undesirables

Wife beaters:
Shannon Grant
Barry Cable

Convictions for fraud:
David Dench

Adultering:
Wayne Carey
Stuey Anderson

Assault:
Glenn Archer

Drug Dealing:
Jimmy
Callum Urch

And who really knows what Martin Pike got up to?
Interesting to note 4 on your list are some of your best players of all time.

Amazing how Geelong fans conviently forget David Clarke Snr (Pyramid Building Society) and especially Gary Ablett Snr, two pricks who have ruined/destroyed lives.

Heard s**t things about Micky Turner as well, and Paul Chapman once thumped a young woman outside a Geelong nightclub.

The propensity of Cats fans to gloss over/ignore the scully acts several of their champions have done (esp Ablett Snr) staggers me.

Oh and John 'Sam' Newman as well.

How do we forget it?

What Sr did in theory is not especially different to what half the eagles hall of fame has done in some capacity. There are dozens of cousins apologists on here.

I know he did the wrong thing, everyone knows he did the wrong thing, clearly he had some issues and unfortunately he wasn’t responsible enough to limit the collateral damage from those issues to himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was also involved in a car accident years ago that left a man dead, although it does seem that it was a tragic accident, and one that probably still haunts him till this day.

Not a fan of Milburn, but I have moved on from.that incident (I was at that game) and as I mentioned previous, there are/were plenty of worse grubs from Geelong.

The Cats certainly top the list of having the most s**t blokes play for their club, in terms of the number of lives their players have ruined over the years (although North Melbourne are a close second)

Where’d you get that from, champion data?

Liberatore was a dirty and ugly player, you dont want guys like him representing your club, and has never been held to account. completely brushed over his squirrels. Whitten was a cystic old bastard as well. even if he wasnt so hateful, he was a footballer but he's talked about like he invented spray-on skin for burn victims.

How do we forget it?

What Sr did in theory is not especially different to what half the eagles hall of fame has done in some capacity. There are dozens of cousins apologists on here.

Which Eagles players left a dying woman before paramedics arrived after supplying the drugs that killed her?

Probably the club itself at the moment. Using words like loyal as part of their brand without acting the part makes me feel anything but proud.

A person at our cricket club was related to Milburn, so he’d come down and watch the family member play juniors every once in a while. You will never see a more arrogant campaigner. Would just sit in his car and any kid (under 15’s) who went up to him would be quickly ushered away.

This was in 05/06 when before blokes like Mooney and Scarlett learnt how to actually be humans. Don’t think Darren ever changed like they did.

as someone who frequented the same places as Millane he made the mistake many times and was one of those guys who could not be told he couldnt do something
I also frequented those establishments during that era, and was Millane's barman more than once. Complete flog, self-obsessed narcissist. The only bigger flog I encountered around that time was Fraser Murphy.

I’m sure heaps of them have been in a similar situation, it’s only the grace of god that has prevented a cousins or chick or someone being involved in a similar incident
Cousins has. He was doing drugs with Mainwaring the night he died.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back