Which player(s) from your club are you ashamed of

Cousins has. He was doing drugs with Mainwaring the night he died.
Well there you go

Not quite, he had seen Mainwaring on the day after performing a wellness check on the request of Mainwaring's estranged wife, but decided against using.

When Cousins left Mainwaring was still fine according to him, but things escalated from there after he left

Last edited:
I’m sure heaps of them have been in a similar situation, it’s only the grace of god that has prevented a cousins or chick or someone being involved in a similar incident

They may have been in similar situations, but none left a young dying 20 year old girl and then never even apologised to the family. It’s indefensible.

I also frequented those establishments during that era, and was Millane's barman more than once. Complete flog, self-obsessed narcissist. The only bigger flog I encountered around that time was Fraser Murphy.

You really didn’t know Darren did you? Oh I was his Barman. You have no idea.

I also frequented those establishments during that era, and was Millane's barman more than once. Complete flog, self-obsessed narcissist. The only bigger flog I encountered around that time was Fraser Murphy.
I knew a couple of his drinking buddies quite well (including one who claims to be the last person to see him alive, leaving the Tunnel). Absolute knob-jockeys.

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
Liberatore was a dirty and ugly player, you dont want guys like him representing your club, and has never been held to account. completely brushed over his squirrels. Whitten was a cystic old bastard as well. even if he wasnt so hateful, he was a footballer but he's talked about like he invented spray-on skin for burn victims.
Very harsh on both.

Libba was an on baller who got hammered by all and sundry for the first 75% of his career. Never complained. Then Wallace decided he would be cut from the list and Libba did whatever was required to stay in the team. Last few years of his career were not pretty. He is not the only player in AFL/VFL history to use underhand tactics, far from it. I personally am not ashamed of him at all, he is a great story of persistence, determination and self belief. He got everything possible out of himself and bled for the dogs.
Whitten was surely a tough player, but a product of his era, no worse or better than most greats of the 50's and 60's. Also well known for doing good things around the western suburbs. Totally disagree with this comment about him.

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm ashamed of plenty of footy supporters in here who feel the need to defend the indefensible, just because those players wore the jumper of the sporting club they support...

Plenty of players over the years have done horrible things, some people seemingly cannot wraps their heads around that.

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
You've reinforced my point. That's how he treated people who weren't in his close inner circle. Many of whom weren't his fanboys and had his best interests at heart.

I found Millane to be a terrific bloke, as did anyone else I've talked to who ever met him, including a couple of Carlton fanatics.

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Very harsh on both.

Libba was an on baller who got hammered by all and sundry for the first 75% of his career. Never complained. Then Wallace decided he would be cut from the list and Libba did whatever was required to stay in the team. Last few years of his career were not pretty. He is not the only player in AFL/VFL history to use underhand tactics, far from it. I personally am not ashamed of him at all, he is a great story of persistence, determination and self belief. He got everything possible out of himself and bled for the dogs.
Whitten was surely a tough player, but a product of his era, no worse or better than most greats of the 50's and 60's. Also well known for doing good things around the western suburbs. Totally disagree with this comment about him.
good things to other western suburbs women maybe, but definitely not to his wife...

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Wake up to yourself.

Like literally every geelong fan has acknowledged Ablett’s wrongs.

Seems despite the litany of evidence and the death of a club legend there are dozens of Eagles supporters still in denial about theirs.

whatever lies you need to cling to
Ablett is pure scum...comparing him to cousins is laughable

dont talk about our supporters when your ignorant fans still call the coward "God"

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
whatever lies you need to cling to
Ablett is pure scum...comparing him to cousins is laughable

dont talk about our supporters when your ignorant fans still call the coward "God"

No you’re right.

Threatening to bury someone alive so they can listen to their children play on the earth above their subterranean tomb is Nobel worthy

Kane Corn. he'd be the exact same man if he played for the Crows. he couldn't have cared less which SA club he had a career at.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
What exactly did Swift do to attract ire?

• Didn’t live up to expectations after a 3 Brownlow vote game in his first season, plus being overhyped as ‘best 16 year old Michael Voss has ever seen’;
  • Played when WC needed some of their many early draft picks to become A graders;
  • Lost confidence in his kicking and started shanking them (mind you so did the rest of the midfield back then - Ebert, Selwood x2, Waters, Priddis, Masten, Rosa, Houlihan);
  • Odd appearance and gait;
  • Most footy supporters are dumb campaigners...
    = Easy whipping boy

Back