Which player traded in 2018 is having the biggest influence at their new club

Which traded player is having the biggest influence at their new club?

• Lincoln McCarthy (Brisbane)

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mitch McGovern (Carlton)

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Jared Polec (North Melbourne)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Jasper Pittard (North Melbourne)

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Gary Rohan (Geelong)

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • Tom Hickey (West Coast)

• Marcus Adams (Brisbane)

• Dylan Shiel (Essendon)

Votes: 54 25.1%
  • Dom Tyson (North Melbourne)

• Dayne Beams (Collingwood)

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Sam Lloyd (Western Bulldogs)

• Aaron Hall (North Melbourne)

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw (Hawthorn)

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Tom Scully (Hawthorn)

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Taylor Duryea (Western Bulldogs)

• Chad Wingard (Hawthorn)

• Lachie Neale (Brisbane)

Votes: 120 55.8%
  • Jessie Hogan (Fremantle)

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Rory Lobb (Fremantle)

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Steven May (Melbourne)

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Kade Kolodjashnij (Melbourne)

• Jack Hombsch (Gold Coast)

Votes: 9 4.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How is it not Lachie Neale?

He was routinely in Freo's top three midfielders for about five years. He's gone to a side who were expected to do alright, but it wasn't a given, and plenty of those sides can just limp along. But he goes there, they've got a good vibe about them, and he's getting 40 touches a game and should win the Brownlow.

If they win a flag, it'll be looked at as one of the better career choices ever.

Neale winning at this stage as he's basically come straight in and been their best player by a fair way. Though I reckon his impact the last 2 weeks hasn't been as good as it was the first 3 weeks where he was dominant. Stats wise vs Essendon he was similar to the first 3 weeks but his impact wasn't at that level.

Shiel would probably be my number 2 vote. There's no doubt he's added an extra dimension to our midfield and has been especially good the past couple of weeks. He'd probably be close to winning our best and fairest count so far, certainly top 3. A direct impact he's having is teams that tag are starting to split the tag between Shiel and Merrett which is a good thing for us.

Lycett is one of the more interesting acquisitions in that he's prompted a 2 ruckman style with Ryder which i quite like since Ryder is a pretty handy forward on his day. It also means they gain a huge edge in the ruck when facing teams that play a guy that's primarily a forward as the resting ruck.

The other 4 I think will have a massive influence are May, Wingard, Hogan and Beams.

Lycett playing surprisingly well as a #1 ruckman. Thought he was going to play the second ruck/forward role for Port, with Ryder still being the lead guy, but they've done it the other way around, and it's working for them. Probably the best ruck tandem in the league so far, helping guys like Boak and Rockliff to have a midfield resurgence/bounce back from average years, and gave the reigning premiers a bath last night.

Hasn't had the team results, but Jasper Pittard seems like he's back to playing his best footy at North, after a couple of injury-affected, indifferent seasons prior.

Sam Lloyd (Richmond to Bulldogs) and Anthony Miles (Richmond to Gold Coast)

Couple other tigers traded I don't think they've even had games yet but the above two are definitely worth a mention

add to this Conca has done ok at freo I think? any freo supporters with feedback on that?

I would say Tom Lynch is doing pretty well so far, but I guess technically he doesn’t count as he was a free agent...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neale didn't have a good game on Thursday, but neither did anyone else at the Lions. He's been lights out every other game. I'd put Lycett 2nd above Shiel, he's been absolutely killing it in the ruck.

Although it is quite early in the season, there are many players having an influence at their news clubs and some who might not quite be having the influence that clubs had hoped for.

Which new player is having an influence and which club got it right/ wrong? Are there any surprises?

Early days but the trade for Hannebery does not look great, Jesse Hogan is still finding his feet and quality defender Steven May is still off the park injured. The flip-side is Tom Scully looks like a steal and players like Hombsch and Adams have rejuvenated their careers at new clubs.

Discuss.
You didn't even include the player who should be number 2 on this list, in the poll. Though he was an RFA.

Neale is the front runner, but Lycett not far behind.

Neale didn't have a good game on Thursday, but neither did anyone else at the Lions. He's been lights out every other game. I'd put Lycett 2nd above Shiel, he's been absolutely killing it in the ruck.

Neale was always a huge possession getter at Fremantle but sometimes his accuracy was shocking - some call it ‘hungry’. I guess time will tell.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back