Which player under 21 will become best 22 player in 2023

Which player for the list will become a best 22 player from 2023 and beyond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Just bored and looking for something different to keep an interest for the next 98 days

Which of the following players will become a best 22 player from 2023 going foward , The most popular choices will clearly be Gibcus & Sonsie but would be interesting to see which of the other kids have a following

Ralph Smith a tad unlucky not to make the cut.
He could be top 3 or 4 with Sonsie, Cumberland and Gibcus.

I'm going Gibcus because I think they will back him in as he is way to good to have wasting in the VFL.
But if Hugo has a good preseason and gets a good crack on the wing he might be close.

Think it’s a good time to buy stock in Juddy Clarke

Gibcus and Sonsie go without saying but think Clarke going to really come on this year

Think it’s a good time to buy stock in Juddy Clarke

Gibcus and Sonsie go without saying but think Clarke going to really come on this year
Yes he is looking like the smokey with his tools , Seth Campbell & Juddy both having similar assets with their running and love for goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sonsie and Gibcus pretty close as it is. Sonsie selected for the last 7 games. Gibcus played 18 games in his first season.

I'm guessing MJ isn't in the poll because his already best 22?

I really like Juddy Clarke. Looked AFL level in the VFL, and played some solid footy in the seniors. I dunno who he tips out though... Tough team to break into.

Sonsie is already best 22. More interesting if you didn't include him. The team can't afford to have his evasive movement, smarts and dual sided skills in the VFL. We don't have many players with a similar playstyle after losing Edwards/Lambert.

Gibcus similar although we have a lot of tall back options so it's possible he's out if his form is down.

I'd say no one of the others will become best 22. The best chance is Judson Clarke.

For mine, the Top 5 would be -

Sonsie - Already important to the team for his footskills and smarts. Just a beautiful mover and threads through traffic. A natural footballer. even with Taranto and Hooper in the side, I would play Sonsie off the bench. If he continues to grow in confidence and ability then he will be a star.

MJR - His ability to pressure and create should not be under rated. He creates goals through his presence and smarts. I don't think people realise just how important he is to our forwardline.

Ralph-Smith - Incredibly talented with his speed, goal sense and endurance. I can see him playing wing, running off the half back or pinpointing players as a half forward. As he grows in confidence, he'll lock away a spot in the side.

Gibcus - In terms of his ceiling, Gibcus could be our best player in the future but in terms of next year, I think he needs more time at VFL level developing his craft and body. As a key position player, he needs size to compete with the bigger forwards. I don't want him to lose confidence so a stint at the lower level before he steps up permanently into the AFL side is incredibly important for Gibcus imho.

Brown - I was going to say Clarke but I think Brown will surprize next year. He has so much talent but just needs a solid run at it without injury and he will prove to be a star defender that could step straight into Valustin or Broads role. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the VFL side next year.

So exciting to have so many young talented players and the time to develop them while we have such compeition for spots at the top level. A great place to be as a club for now and the future!

Back