Opinion Which player would you NOT want to play for Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
The last three years, we have drafted in players from other clubs. Now, I have not had a problem with anyone we got in (although I found Aaron Black a bit of a surprise selection by the club), but I have been excited about getting in players like Dangerfield, Touhy or Ablett.

But is there a player on an AFL list that you pray that we don't get, either because you just don't like him, or you think he is a complete and utter spud?

I remember Chris Scott a couple of seasons ago waxing lyrical about maybe getting Hayden Ballantyne from Fremantle to the Cats. I would not want Ballantyne, as I cannot stand him, and even playing for us, I can't see that changing. Also, he was terrible in the 2013 GF, and the last thing we need is another player who struggles in finals. So I am glad that we never got him.

Is there any player who you would just refuse to accept playing for us, and could never warm to having him at the club? Who would send chills down your spine if he nominated Geelong as his destination club, and would make you scream "DO NOT WANT!"? Also, explain why you don't want this particular player?

Given our need for a good (and not perennially injured) small forward, I was a bit concerned when Lindsay Thomas was rumoured to be leaving North. Think he has gone/is going to Port though, which is a relief. Good player, but a massive s**t stain and I'd hate to see him in the hoops.

Toby Greene. Can't stand him, just a thug. Wouldn't be worth whatever he was paid either as he'd be suspended every 3rd game. Wasn't at all keen on Stringer either, lazy lazy footballer.
Toby needs some discipline,but I'd love him in the hoops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently in the book "Comeback" there was mention that Bomber Thompson was talking about bringing Jason Akermanis in after he'd burnt his bridges in Brisbane.
That would have elevated my appreciation of Bomber.
Aker is one of my all time favourite players- I realise that's not popular, but his skill-set at his peak was exhilarating- the sort of player I pay to see play.

Stringer could not barrack for him - thank goodness he ended up nowhere near Geel

Tippett another one - only because hes been such a bitterly dissappointing player

Have to say ( and i know the current Brownlow Medalist has plenty of them ) but i hate players covered in tattoos - one of the reasons i didnt warm to Mitch Clark . Geel thankfully have had very players with them - Josh Hunt would be the only one i can think of . Haw- were in the same boat - apart from Franklin - i dont think theve had any - maybe both clubs were more interested in winning flags

I can remember Trent Cotchin when he 1st got the Rich captaincy job - the late Tom Hafey was his mentor - and he said Hafey told him - look your the captain of the club - for goodness sake - dont plaster those horrible tatoos over your arms and legs

I can remember Kevin Murray of Fitzroy a Brownlow Medalist - and back in his day - he was probably the only vfl player with tattoos ( i think he was a scaffolder by trade ) and he used to wear a long sleeve jumper to cover them up - thats how unpopular they were back then

I think its great when you watch some of the non football overseas sports - and the players havent got those shocking blooody tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back